WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Manchoo
Re: The Spectator Feature

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:56 pm

when I see what becomes Battlefield, my last hope for this game is VU.

neverhangover

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Manchoo wrote:when I see what becomes Bettlefold, my last hope for this game is VU.

Even though BF:Hardline doesn't seem to suck that much. :D

After BF3 I thought they would drop these horrible color filters, but taking a closer look at BF4 instantly reveals that it is plagued by them as well. (Only this time it is a grey-ish, over-shadowed dark filter.)

Venice would allow us to create a more natural, realistic war game.

Too bad we won't be getting it this year either. :cry:

mizudg

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:22 am

It's only June... It's not as if it's October or December. Besides, June is known for the month with most finals, that includes me, so I doubt anyone would use their spare time to do any more coding. I myself barely have any time to play at all, let alone do anything that takes time and patience.

TheSergeantArc

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:34 pm

himapapa wrote:Spectator mode will be a great step: Not only for watching suspicious players or making videos. With spectator modes we will be able to make competitive matches. So all in all it will take the game to a new level. :)

Yea that would be great. But bf3 would never be fully competitive without demo recrding.

Paulofonta

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:05 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:bf3 would never be fully competitive without demo recrding.

I disagree.
It's more important to be able to broadcast a match than it is to record a demo.

Kerrigan

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:44 am

Paulofonta wrote:I disagree.
It's more important to be able to broadcast a match than it is to record a demo.

Wrong. The possibility of recording proof for cheating is more important than a possilibity to broadcast.
There are also matches which aren't being broadcasted...

Paulofonta

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:12 am

Kerrigan wrote:Wrong. The possibility of recording proof for cheating is more important than a possilibity to broadcast.
There are also matches which aren't being broadcasted...

Here in Portugal, the national CoD tournaments get broadcasted live (with a few seconds delay to avoid players being on public TS servers getting hints). Nobody cares about the demos, because everyone has seen the players playing, often in FPV.
It's also common for the organization to have someone (often myself) on the server spectating the whole match to make sure that everyone played clean.
I've been organizing from smaller to national tournaments in the last years, and believe me, I never had to look back at a demo.

Kerrigan

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:28 am

I was referring to non-public matches. ESL does not broadcast all matches. They use demos aswell.

neverhangover

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Start the Closed Beta(tm) already. :cry:

Kerrigan

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Soon™

Return to “Blog”