WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
kiwidog
Re: Modding in Venice Unleashed - Part 2

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Yes.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

gokarter64

Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:19 am

so from what i can gleam from this post, we will be able to create custom maps for bf3? as in fully custom level geometry not just moving around objects on existing geometry. changing out weapon models would be cool but what about the animations involved. idk how frostbite handles the weapon animations (most games use a pair of higher detail arms for first person, the rest of the body isnt there at all. but arma simulates the full body)

Zobtzler

Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Now I remember when I used to play far cry 2 on ps3.
I spent very much time in the map editor (more there than actually playing multiplayer or singleplayer combined)
I remember the UI being VERY user friendly and the editor being very easy to understand. Now I know that's the console version of the game but I still see that editor as really great in terms of user-friendlyness.

I think that's something that could be taken in consideration while designing the editor for VU.

SAM609

Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:16 pm

mizudg wrote:
Manchoo wrote:you are about to release the dream of so many people !! you are awesome :D

if Forgotten Hope & Project Reality's devs modding on VU it will be whopping !

Depending on the mod tools' capabilities, maybe we'll see that happening in the future. Granted PR Team is already working on Project Reality 2 with the CryEngine3 though... maybe the interest will come mostly from the community rather than the devs themselves

I (as a PR community member) know that I'm very interested in making a PR mod in VU ! I've been checking out VU progress for over a year now , and I can say that even with current confirmed capabilities of VU mod tools , a PR style mod is pretty much doable right now ! I'm even thinking about re-making some of the PR's most popular maps for VU , of course if VU mod tools allow that by having a decent map editor ! ;)
We all have to wait for that mod tools for now and just hope for the best ! :|

cheers
SAM

mizudg

Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Considering that you can edit maps' props and add new ones, I can see using one of the SP's bigger maps, or heck even the MP's ones with some custom-added buildings and no boundaries to be PR-doable. I really hope to see something done with this, regardless of how long it takes :)

3ti65

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:45 am

Sup,

SAM609 you're from 3dac right?

Me and a clanfriend are also interested in modding a PR-alike game based on this awesome Venice Unleashed thingy.

We should gather all interested people with dev skills and have a nice talk to see what possibilities we have.

Greetings,

Utd| 3ti65

neverhangover

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm

@SAM609
@3ti65

Lol, I was the first one to mention a PR-like gamemode and got mocked on and now you guys show up. :D

I also want to make an Ambush gamemode, with a long linear map, where the defender team would have a bit of time to prepare before each round, and the attackers would try to move forward with IFV-s and such. Kinda like rush, but without MCOMs, and an actual CHANCE for defenders if the attacking team is pro as f*ck.

Defenders would also spawn closer to the actual frontline, not 200 000 miles away.

This SP map would be perfect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWAP5YM_kw

Also, a gamemode called Trenches, with lots of .50Cal jeeps, no armored vehicles/helis/lock on missiles, set on the craters of Armored Shield

oh well.. see you in 2019, when VU gets released! ;)

mizudg

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Anything but Armored Shield. That map is horrible. Seriously. Something of the sorts of Endgame's maps would be better.

3ti65

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 pm

neverhangover wrote:Lol, I was the first one to mention a PR-like gamemode and got mocked on and now you guys show up. :D

I also want to make an Ambush gamemode, with a long linear map, where the defender team would have a bit of time to prepare before each round, and the attackers would try to move forward with IFV-s and such. Kinda like rush, but without MCOMs, and an actual CHANCE for defenders if the attacking team is pro as f*ck.

Defenders would also spawn closer to the actual frontline, not 200 000 miles away.

This SP map would be perfect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgWAP5YM_kw

Also, a gamemode called Trenches, with lots of .50Cal jeeps, no armored vehicles/helis/lock on missiles, set on the craters of Armored Shield

oh well.. see you in 2019, when VU gets released! ;)

Hey,

great to see that others have very similar ideas! Lets group up all PR-gameplay-style interested people. We have a teamspeak for example. Steam Group would also be possible as platform in the beginning.
I think i could gather at least 10 devs that would actively contribute in some form. Mappers, coders, etc. As soon as we have the basic setup and an idea of whats possible with Venice Unleashed, we will be able to win alot of good people for the cause of a new PR ;)

PM me if you're interested. Ill make a post soon as well.

Greetings,

3ti65

Professor.Oak

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Any updates? Itching to see something interesting.

Return to “Blog”