WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
jungle
Re: Venice Unleashed goes Official!

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 am

Would have been better to post saying "Venice is being Released".

That would have been a better 1st April headline.

mizudg

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 am

jungle wrote:Would have been better to post saying "Venice is being Released".

That would have been a better 1st April headline.

THAT'S WHAT I SAID TOO! But noooo, it would supposedly enrage people and what-not since it was going to be plain mean.

mizudg

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am

Muntaqim_313 wrote:Someone clarify this, is this for real, or is it a joke, an "April fools"?

NoFaTe, not everyone knows about the April fools. I think you better clarify this.

Today is the 13th of Farvardin in the Iranian solar Hijri calendar. Some people stage hoaxes on this day and later call it "دروغ سیزده" or the Lie of the thirteenth. Is this one of them?

Either way, I believe this project was in opposition to DICE's technocracy over Bettlefold 3. To me, cooperating with them is plain treason.

Erm, no offense but I am guessing this isn't your first time being pranked? Yes, this is an April's Fools. I don't know what calendar you guys are using, but for Europe/US it was the 1st of April. So yes, this is your "Lie of the thirteenth" or whatever you call it. It sounds way too obvious, even if it wasn't on the 1st of April. "Battlefield Platinum" ? Seriously..

Muntaqim_313

-

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:15 am

-
Last edited by Muntaqim_313 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueman24

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:47 am

mizudg wrote: "Bettlefold Platinum"

That's where it all failed.
Muntaqim_313 wrote:
Off topic, but right now I'm drawing a portrait of Solomon.

On that Solomon in bf3 campaign?

Muntaqim_313

-

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:57 am

-
Last edited by Muntaqim_313 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

neverhangover

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Muntaqim_313 wrote:
blueman24 wrote:
Muntaqim_313 wrote:
Off topic, but right now I'm drawing a portrait of Solomon.

On that Solomon in bf3 campaign?

If you knew the symbolism behind Solomon, you wouldn't call him a Motherfu**er. Here's a little background:

Operation Swordbreaker takes place in Al-Basra, not Suleimaniyeh. If you don't believe me, take a minute to look at Cpt. Cole's map. It clearly says "AL BASRA, IRAQ". But why did they claim you are fighting in Suleimaniyeh while in reality you are in Al-Basra?

Why was this man named Solomon? According to the official story, he couldn't remember his name, so the Christian missionaries who had adopted him named him Solomon. But why Solomon?

Back to Al-Basra. Al-Basra is a predominantly Shi'a city in Iraq, about 400 miles south of Suleimaniyeh. The Quds force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have a lot of activity there. Just like the PLR in Bettlefold 3. And Solomon is their field commander.

The commander of the Quds force is General Suleimani (Suleiman is Arabic/Persian equivalent to Solomon). This is why this man is named Solomon.

The PLR is symbolically the Quds force, and Solomon is symbolically Gen. Suleimani. I have no idea why the US is so much against Iran and the Quds force, even after we helped them take out the terrorists in Afghanistan.

Because US economy is based on conquering. If they don't find an excuse to attack a middle-eastern country for it's oil/antique treasures, the US dollar starts losing it's value. That's the reason the country's been only peaceful for 20 years since the declaration of independence. BF3 however is not that mean with foreign policies, that would be Call Of Duty's job. DICE had to find a realistic scenario where war could develop in today's world. Contrary to COD, BF3 sometimes goes as far as to criticize the US side's actions with valid reasons, then there's Montes, a moral compass, fighting for the US yet questioning it's motives at every turn, kinda like Joker from Full Metal Jacket. This of course does not justify the religious extremism middle-eastern countries practice towards their own kind, nor chador, the enslavement of women. These things are bad for everyone, because it not only kills their own nation, but it provides excuse for the US to invade these countries and bring millions of tons of pure 'democracy'.

Every ideology/religion fails because it goes too over the top.

Nazism started out constructive and supporting, gone over the top, then they made scapegoats and murdered innocents.
Communism started out constructive and supporting, gone over the top, they spied on people and murdered their own kind.
Religion started out peaceful and forgiving, then they started conquering and slaughtering non-believers.

Now I would light a fat one and listen to 'Tequila sunrise', but I lit my last one last saturday. :cry:

blueman24

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Muntaqim_313 wrote:If you knew the symbolism behind Solomon, you wouldn't call him a Motherfu**er. Here's a little background:

Operation Swordbreaker takes place in Al-Basra, not Suleimaniyeh. If you don't believe me, take a minute to look at Cpt. Cole's map. It clearly says "AL BASRA, IRAQ". But why did they claim you are fighting in Suleimaniyeh while in reality you are in Al-Basra?

Why was this man named Solomon? According to the official story, he couldn't remember his name, so the Christian missionaries who had adopted him named him Solomon. But why Solomon?

Back to Al-Basra. Al-Basra is a predominantly Shi'a city in Iraq, about 400 miles south of Suleimaniyeh. The Quds force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have a lot of activity there. Just like the PLR in Bettlefold 3. And Solomon is their field commander.

The commander of the Quds force is General Suleimani (Suleiman is Arabic/Persian equivalent to Solomon). This is why this man is named Solomon.

The PLR is symbolically the Quds force, and Solomon is symbolically Gen. Suleimani. I have no idea why the US is so much against Iran and the Quds force, even after we helped them take out the terrorists in Afghanistan.

I did not want to offend you, that's why i immediately edited my post. I don't even know who solomon, in actual is. Again, really sorry if that offended you... :)

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Wow, that offtopic.
There used to be a signature here.

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:28 pm

The fact that this has been an April Fools' prank does not mean that the Global Forum Rules don't apply here.
Please refrain from posting further off-topic content, we have a whole section dedicated to just that ;)

Return to “Blog”