WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
neverhangover
Re: Venice Unleashed goes Official!

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
neverhangover wrote:(Yea, yea.. we don't deserve anything, 'cause it's free.. I get it admins. Now, be honest, don't you feel the same way ??!11!one')

Hm, not being an admin, I can totally understand your point :P
The development is, as usual, "blocked" because of certain circumstances (I know, you would be just as well informed if I had simply said "No ETA", but I don't know the details).

1 year has passed, so "No ETA" just isn't funny anymore. :(

RobbingHood

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:54 pm

neverhangover wrote:1 year has passed, so "No ETA" just isn't funny anymore. :(

I know, that's what I tried to explain. The staff team doesn't know the release date. I would love to tell you at least an approximate period of time, but I don't have the necessary information to do so.

Blackend00o

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 pm

:shock: blazed as always MF as always

neverhangover

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
neverhangover wrote:1 year has passed, so "No ETA" just isn't funny anymore. :(

I know, that's what I tried to explain. The staff team doesn't know the release date. I would love to tell you at least an approximate period of time, but I don't have the necessary information to do so.

Its alright, it's not your deed, to keep us informed.

Nevertheless, thank you for trying to help. ;)

(NF could give us one, if he wanted. If he's having trouble with one particular line of code , he could just write down how much time the previous one took him, then multiply it by how many lines he has left from finishing the client-dedi. If they are in fact, close to finishing the client-dedi, he could easily speculate whether it's complete in one week or 2 months. The whole blog and forum idea was to eliminate desperation caused by this 'No ETA/Soon(tm) for 2 years' system, but without any news, forever seems yet again, more forever-ish. :cry: )

mizudg

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:18 pm

If you really think NoFaTe works 24/7 on VU and doesn't have a personal life, then you are wrong. Same goes for Kiwidog. Besides, they announced VU with Blaze Emulation a year ago. Since then, they changed it a lot to remove any Blaze Emulation so it's a real Emulator now rather than just a blatant copy of DICE's work. Just wait and you'll appreciate it. Besides, just like a very wise man said (Gabe Newell): It's better to not give a release date and see people disappointed because we missed it, rather than not give a date, complete the product and satisfy the consumer.

Kerrigan

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:54 am

mizudg wrote:(Gabe Newell): It's better to not give a release date and see people disappointed because we missed it, rather than not give a date, complete the product and satisfy the consumer

This. Period. Gabe is always right.

Sammuel

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:09 am

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Kerrigan

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:57 am

Uhm i guess we have to clarify this a bit...

The first emulator for BF3 was considered at the time back at thedefaced.net.

NoFaTe presented a concept of a Co-Op emulator starting up a game (it wasn't playable at all, but the traffic worked).

That was in 2011.

In late 2012 NoFaTe took over the entire Emulator Nexus forum and leadership. At this time he used an old emulator for BC2 (which he recoded in mid 2013 by himself).

The first functional BF3 emulator was coded by NoFaTe in the timespan between December 2012 and February 2013.
That Russian guy was NOT the first one to create a functional BF3 emulator.

NoFaTe decided that a simple emulation is too unflexible to allow modifications to the client. That was in mid 2013 when he and kiwidog started to abandon a Blaze emulation but rather began to strip ANY Blaze dependency from the client and the server. That means that there wasn't any need for a Blaze emulator anymore since the project became more complex than a simple emulation. We're talking about professional stuff here right now. The project of Venice Unleashed how it is constructed now is in the works for about the last half year. The entire programming and concepting timespan reaches back to February 2013.

So we're waiting about a year for a professional project which has been coded by TWO developers with a massive bunch of real life tasks and a limited time for their projects.

Stop complaining..

Cludo47

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:06 am

April Fools b**ches... :(

Muntaqim_313

-

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:27 am

-
Last edited by Muntaqim_313 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Blog”