WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
neverhangover
Re: Progress Report - RCON

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:43 am

Professor.Oak wrote:It would be nice if the player limit was set to a max of 32 or 48. 64 is just one clusterfuck.

Sir, do you only play on metro ? :D

For metro, yes. It is one clusterfuck. For Caspian Border/Kharg Island/ARMORED SHIELD CQ Large, even 64 players is little. :?

MAGIC

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 am

I hate big servers aswell. They are just too insane -> only tubes, nades

WarBeast-GT-

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm

MAGIC wrote:I hate big servers aswell. They are just too insane -> only tubes, nades

Then you will like 256 players TDM on Noshahr Canals :lol:

Sammuel

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 pm

MAGIC wrote:I hate big servers aswell. They are just too insane -> only tubes, nades

That. if there were to be such a huge server i think perhaps a modified map (bigger) would be called for.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

neverhangover

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:46 am

Sammuel wrote:

That. if there were to be such a huge server i think perhaps a modified map (bigger) would be called for.

Then again, we already know we'll be able to modify map boundries, and if the engine is anything like Frostbite 1, we should be able to add checkpoints. Btw theres a video on Yt titled "biggest map in bf3 is in singleplayer". The KAFAROV is bigger than Bandar desert. With its linear style, an Ambush gamemode could be introduced.

Professor.Oak

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:23 am

People who want to play ridiculously big maps, go find other games that will do it 10x better than Battlefield. I would start with Arma.

Sammuel

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:39 am

Professor.Oak wrote:People who want to play ridiculously big maps, go find other games that will do it 10x better than Bettlefold. I would start with Arma.

Did i say i wanted ridiculously big? no i said bigger* remember that the maps that are in the game are designed for 64 players max. so we should perhaps increase the size with the amount of ppl.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Paulofonta

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:26 am

People, keep something in mind... there's something called "server administrators". By giving the chance to do something doesn't mean that people will be abuse it on every single server.
A limit of 256 players would mean that the biggest maps could run with more than the regular 64 players, and that an insane player limit would be available, in case that someone makes an even bigger map, or if some server host just wants to run a troll server.
Don't just assume that all servers would be 256 players on Metro, and that everyone would enjoy enough to keep trying to play on such servers.
I would never run such server myself, since I know that people would just leave my servers due to the lack of gameplay quality.

Professor.Oak

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 am

Fine. How about proper limitations? To be able to rank your server, TDM maps can have a max of 16p, SQDM a max of 24, Conquest a max of 32, Rush also with a max of 32 (BFBC2 formula) and Conquest Large/Assault anything from 32-64. Everything above that is unranked. I think this kind of system would work great. Less clusterfucking and more casual teamplay games. Everything gets else put in unranked and/or "modded".

neverhangover

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:06 am

Professor.Oak wrote:Fine. How about proper limitations? To be able to rank your server, TDM maps can have a max of 16p, SQDM a max of 24, Conquest a max of 32, Rush also with a max of 32 (BFBC2 formula) and Conquest Large/Assault anything from 32-64. Everything above that is unranked. I think this kind of system would work great. Less clusterfucking and more casual teamplay games. Everything gets else put in unranked and/or "modded".

Sir, you really don't have to be a dick about it. I do understand your opinion, and it makes sense, but Venice is about freedom with your game. If you like low ticket or low player count servers, you make your own, and community will decide whether they like it or not. You don't have to/ you can't limit other players just because of your ideas, this is like being Herr Göbbels of Venice.

Furthermore, I think supporters of this idea would be new players, who often lose encounters, and think that with less encounters, they would s*ck less. But if every encounter in which they engage they lose, and also the time intervall between encounters (because of 16-24 max players) is rather huge, they will get tired of it pretty quickly.

OFFTOPIC:

I've been thinking about how DICE should've kept players motivated after they've unlocked every weapon, every camo and every gear.

Weapon camos.

It sounds stupid I know, but how hard is it to work a texture to a template? They could've added countless amounts of 'em. (like 25 per weapon)

They would be awarded after heavy work, so they would essentially be assignments even for the base game.
File sizes could be bearable. (especially if we could be allowed to delete single player -not co-op - files, as they hog space for nothing essentially.)

More important, tactical ones could be unlocked first, (like the M416's Woodland camo) then there could be some really about customization and looks, like a metal black skin for weapons that are sort-of yellowish by default. (M-Tar,SCAR-H)

NoFate, can we haz?

Return to “Blog”