WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Dopplereffekt
Re: Modding in Venice Unleashed - Part 1

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:59 pm

I'll try to make a teaser video for youtube as soon as possible(tm).

lycanwrath

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Maybe noone asked this, but how will voip be implemented in the game. Bettlefold had very bad voip system (Group in battlelog limited to 8 persons)

I have a mumble server, so thats not a problem for those who have their own voip solution. But will there be a proper VOIP support implemented in VU. If so, any hint as to how this might be done? :)

mizudg

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 pm

lycanwrath wrote:Maybe noone asked this, but how will voip be implemented in the game. Bettlefold had very bad voip system (Group in battlelog limited to 8 persons)

I have a mumble server, so thats not a problem for those who have their own voip solution. But will there be a proper VOIP support implemented in VU. If so, any hint as to how this might be done? :)

They already took a look at the VOIP and the BL one will not be a part of it. I find it funny how the game fails to offer Squad VOIP.. I mean, must I always have someone in my friend list if I want to tell them to change perks ffs? There was VOIP before but I guess they stripped it off. As far as I know, the only way in-game VOIP to return is via mod for it due to it being removed off the base game

Professor.Oak

Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Maybe they can do what Project Reality does with Mumble. It works 10x better than the ingame voip. I'm sure NoFaTe and his team will take a similar path.

neverhangover

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 am

Oh my god! :shock: Then we could play project reality style. Everyone co-operating with mumble voice, it could be a mandatory english server, then battlefield would become much more than 64 players skullf*cking each-other COD style.

Now imagine this:

Caspian Border CQ, with a full night mod, (no slow effect, lit up smoke bullscrap)
with mumble, sneaking unsuspiciously in the dark, taking checkpoints one by one.

Do want.

mizudg

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:39 am

neverhangover wrote:Oh my god! :shock: Then we could play project reality style. Everyone co-operating with mumble voice, it could be a mandatory english server, then Bettlefold would become much more than 64 players skullf*cking each-other COD style.

Now imagine this:

Caspian Border CQ, with a full night mod, (no slow effect, lit up smoke bullscrap)
with mumble, sneaking unsuspiciously in the dark, taking checkpoints one by one.

Do want.

As nice as it sounds theoretically, Project Reality and other simulators work because their maps are made based on realistic urban or open fields. Caspian Border is... well, not even close to looking like a realistic checkpoint, or at least a good map since you have to take into account the weapon handling and overall mechanics and physics of the game.

Professor.Oak

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 pm

So where is Part 2? I have been patiently waiting for 2 weeks now...

MAGIC

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:22 am

I guess it will come soon™

JET-FLY-ZW

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 am

NoFaTe awesome thank dedication! What time to release?

MacTaggart

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:19 am

JET-FLY-ZW wrote:What time to release?

Soon™.

Return to “Blog”