WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
StrykerDE
[RELEASE] Explosions Emit Light

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 am

*Explosions Emit Light*
Created by Napisal & Heico

Client Side - That means only your game is affected by the changes of this mod.

Description

Note: This mod was created by Napisal and is normally a part of his Client Mod Pack! I only took a part of his mod pack, made it standalone and compatible with BFBC2 Mod Loader and therefore also compatible with my mods. I have the full permission of Napisal to share his mods!

"Explosions Emit Light" adds a dynamic light system for weapon related explosions such as grenades, C4, RPG, tank shells, muzzle flashes and more.
It's difficult to capture these flash effects in screenshots. To better understand what this mod does watch Napisal's video (from 0:20 to 3:54):

This mod modifies & affects the base game & Vietnam add-on!

Please consider supporting me by reporting bugs, giving feedback, making suggestions or endorsing this mod if you like it.

Recommendations

-Enhanced Draw Distance by me - Enhances the draw distance & LOD settings of the base game & Vietnam add-on. Up to 16x higher draw distance!
-No Vietnam Filter by me - Overhauls the post processing & lighting effects of the Vietnam maps to achieve a more realistic & natural look.
-No Bad Filter by me - Overhauls the post processing & lighting effects of the base game maps to achieve a more realistic & natural look.
-Menu Mod by Napisal - Removes startup intros and changes the menu soundtrack to the memorable BC1 soundtrack.

Requirements

-BFBC2 Mod Loader

Installation

Client

1. Open BFBC2 Mod Loader and click "Install Mod"
2. Choose the mod (.zip archive) and let the tool install it
3. That's it, enjoy!

Permissions

-I have the full permission of Napisal to share his mods!

-Do NOT sell our mods or parts of it!
-Do NOT (re)share our mods on Nexus Mods or other sites without changing something on it!*
-If you use our mods as a base for your mods, Napisal & I would be happy about credits.
-If you want to use our mods as an addition for your mods or (server) modpacks, please contact me first.
-Feel free to share pictures or videos about our mods, but credits would be nice here too.
-You are allowed to modify our mods in any way for your personal use.
-You are allowed to create patches, fixes, add-ons etc. for our mods.*²

*Changes must be major! For example: You are NOT allowed to simply change a small value that basically does not change anything!
*²My mods must be a requirement for your mod. Do NOT provide my complete mod with your patches, fixes, add-ons etc.!

If you need specific permissions not listed here, don't hesitate to contact me.

My mods are exclusive to Nexus Mods!

Credits

-Napisal for creating this mod & for all the time he has invested to figure out how Frostbite works.
Without him I would not even know about BFBC2 modding, so make sure to support him!
-Frankelstner & rukqoa for the "Mod Tools"
-DICE & EA for the game "Battlefield"

Disclaimer

Since this mod modifies the game files directly, there is always the risk of a BAN! I'm using client side mods (only cosmetic stuff) on both official servers (Punkbuster protected) and Nexus Emulator/Project Rome servers for a longer time now without any problems yet. Even the official servers are modded as hell, so I don't expect a ban in the future. I'm still NOT responsible for any BAN you get, so use this mod on your OWN RISK!

Download on Nexus Mods!
No direct download link, you will be redirected to the main page of this mod on Nexus Mods.

Note: Requires an account on Nexus Mods to download which is completely free!

Return to “Modifications”