WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Nasipal
64 players server - possible

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 am

Yes! it is possible. for Test i need community, to play there you will need to download and try to enter for testing. Soon i will post files here for downloading...Any volunteers?

zesty

Re: 64 players server - possible

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:20 am

I'm in.

mizudg

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 am

There were 64-player servers before. But they're not as fun as they sound since the maps are so small. If you have a custom map with more flags, then it's fine, but none of the maps in the game are good for 64 players

Nasipal

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Atacama desert - 1040400 m2. S mall maps - !? I am not agree ;) And How that servers were work - server side mod only?

mizudg

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:49 pm

It was made possible through a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. It was server side, yes, and Atacama i small for 64 players. I always see at least 2-3 people running around and that's more than enough. Imagine doubling that, it'd be too much, especially for BC2-styled gunplay.

TheSergeantArc

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm in too.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:51 pm

mizudg wrote:It was made possible through a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. It was server side, yes, and Atacama i small for 64 players. I always see at least 2-3 people running around and that's more than enough. Imagine doubling that, it'd be too much, especially for BC2-styled gunplay.

If you actually paid attention you'd know that there were never more than 32 players on a server, it simply showed 64 slots in the server browser but after 32 no more players could join.
There used to be a signature here.

mizudg

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:32 pm

I never said I joined a server such as that, but even so, with Bad Company 2's gameplay, it isn't as fast and dynamic as the more recent BFs. I fail to see 64 player servers in Hardline, eventhough they have them, and I'm supposed to see 64 player madness on BC2's smaller scaled maps? The only maps that even has any potential at not becoming a clusterF are probably Port Valdez and Laguna Presa since it has lots of terrain differences and well-thought cover/foliage (not to mention Rodney's Laguna Presa Large modification which if touched here and there, as well as moved the bases and add a flag or two, could be a great 64-man map. But with 64 players, that would mean: We need more buildings and we need more indestructible cover, else the game would get boring (evident by BF3 and BF4's maps which emphasize destruction i.e. Bandar Desert, Armored Shield, Nebandan Flats, as well as Golmud Railway, Rogue Transmission and Propaganda. They either become an open wasteland by the end or just a deathmatch arena from all sides. More clever map design would've sufficed such as : Sabalan Pipeline, Kharg Island, Noshahr Cannals, Alborz Mountain, and so many other maps that have different vertical heights that vary throughout the maps, as well as either a lot of cover or at least cover at well-timed intervals, not just leaving it an open field.. I'm giving my ideas and suggestions as a player, not as a critic. This is just what I found fun to play at the time and what I didn't find fun to play. Alborz Mountain remains to this day one of my all-time favorite BF maps exactly because it's so different, and I'd have loved to see this happen in BF4's DLC with an avalanche or something to further prove the good concept of mixing roads, cover and height. Sadly, that didn't happen, but it's not the point. What I'm saying is be mindful of how you'd tackle 64 players on a server as the maps have to be well-made for that specific style, not just 'ported' over (like 64-man Metro)

MetzelKetzer

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:35 pm

i'm in!

Have always imagined that someone modified the Rush maps. so the whole map can be reached at the beginning.
Valpa would fit wonderfully. 6-8 flags / bases would fit on it.

Then, here and there a stationary MG and a few vehicles / a helicopter for the other team and let's go.

And if you're a freakin genius: make the lighthouse destructible!
i want to see him TILT :twisted:

but I suppose that's technically impossible...

mizudg

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Image[/quote]

I can a see problem with this though. It's too linear. Maybe if there was an area behind the mountains so you can reach 6 from 1 and vice-versa, or heck, maybe another flag in between 6 and 1 on that way. But even so, 7 flags didn't really work well for BF3 and 4, since the maps felt smaller thanks to the insanely low recoil and high accuracy at range the guns have. And no, the lighthouse going down is completely impossible. It's just not made to be destructible and we don't have the Frostbite engine tools to reecreate it and remake the map with a destructible one. Soooorryy...

Return to “Modifications”