WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
furiousTaher
what can you do with bc2?

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 pm

i stopped following modding section for a while, and i am not a good modder as you guys.

i wanna make a level or two, so searching for alternatives, here some of my modding questions.

1) making custom buildings? i saw a video where couple of buildings are made by piling up small rooms, but is there any way to create entirely new buildings?

2) bots?
emil-liano posted about bots on mp but did not post any guide to implement them

3) changing player model? soldier costume? and face?

4) absolutely new weapons? (sci fi weapons)

5) changing the flag color in conquest? say nazi flag?

mizudg

Re: what can you do with bc2?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 am

furiousTaher wrote:i stopped following modding section for a while, and i am not a good modder as you guys.

i wanna make a level or two, so searching for alternatives, here some of my modding questions.

1) making custom buildings? i saw a video where couple of buildings are made by piling up small rooms, but is there any way to create entirely new buildings?

2) bots?
emil-liano posted about bots on mp but did not post any guide to implement them

3) changing player model? soldier costume? and face?

4) absolutely new weapons? (sci fi weapons)

5) changing the flag color in conquest? say nazi flag?

1) They're using in-game assets. If the modders are more capable, they can probably make their own and input them into the game. We don't have a FrostEd though.

2) Bots progress has been halted.

3) It's possible but it was also possible to cheat with this (i.e. - making all the RU team models bright red and the US blue and then you're pretty much unstoppable in-game since you can see everyone in the slightest of cover. Look up MW2 Texture Hack if you wanna know what I mean.

4) Nope. Just like the buildings, unless we get our own editor, new weapons with different stats rather than reskins don't seem possible.

5) That is just sick and no modder would do it...

furiousTaher

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:42 pm

1, 2, 4
:(
maybe we get a frosted in future :(

2- would enable us to make a custom scenario/campaign

3- custom player models cant be implemented only from server side :( client must have the same file also otherwise they may cheat :(

5- how come its sick :| it would help us make a world war 2 version of bfbc2

maybe i should now learn udk

mizudg

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Because the very concept of saying Nazis rather than WW2 sounds sick. As if you want to kill them (or join them...) In any case, you can't do much atm sadly.

Return to “Modifications”