WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Anthony817
WW2 MP mod

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:52 pm

I was thinking since the WW2 assets from 1943 are partially in the game, it would be interesting if it were possible to make a WW2 mod for this game since we have no proper 1943 on PC.

You could have USA vs Japanese forces on a mix of the Singleplayer maps and edited versions of the Vietnam DLC. I am sure with these assets it would be somewhat easy to make a convincing WW2 map pack.

We have how many WW2 weapons already in the game? I can count 5 maybe 6. Hell you could give the Japanese the MG3 as it is a modern version of the German MG42, and as Germany and Japan were allies and did share a few pieces of technology.

We have the Japanese car already in game, pretty sure the Jeep can be found online somewhere and added to the game.

We have enough Japanese and American NPC models, so there is enough for all classes.

Hell, one could even theorize it would be possible to add the Console only version maps from BFBC1 and 1943 to this game since they use the same engine practically.

We already have the planes somewhat in the game now, so would be interesting if a full package could be created.

mizudg

Re: WW2 MP mod

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah but the question is... can you do it? Or do you know how it's even done? Because if this is just a random suggestion, the modders are probably going to ignore it for now as everyone is working on something of their own already. Maybe Baubau has something going for it since he made airplanes but I guess that's about it.

Anthony817

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Why would you assume I could do it if I was just simply asking if anybody thought about it or was doing it? Of course I know nothing about modding. I didn't think it would hurt to ask if it was possible or to offer suggestions. Somebody could have something like this in the works, or might not have even thought about doing it until it was suggested to them.

Simple theoretical post is all, nothing more.

MAGIC

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Theoretically someone could make a BF 1943 mod, but you have to export the models, images and so out, maybe convert them and import them again. But I really doubt anyone will have that time to make a proper mod :<

mizudg

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:28 pm

^ What Magic said..

Most modders are already deep into work on their own mods (http://rsmods.esy.es/ seriously, when?) and even if they'd like to do that and even thought about it, it's near impossible without proper mod tools. Mainly because there are no maps that look WW2-ish other than maybe 1-2 Vietnam maps that would fit, but other than that, it'd probably be insanely hard to do. Emi-liano knows how to edit textures and such, but making a map featuring WW2 stuff and especially considering the mechanics are nothing like 1942/BF2/2142, it would take a loooooong time and some proper mod tools...

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Importing Textures and maybe even Maps from 1943 is most likely possible.

Models, Animations etc. probably very hard if not impossible.
There used to be a signature here.

Anthony817

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Well, aside from fully porting all assets, and just using those already in the game a much more basic version should be easier to do. :)

Singleplayer levels at the beginning of the game could be converted instead of making all new maps or porting the ones from 1943.

Rodney

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Singleplayer levels at the beginning of the game could be converted instead of making all new maps or porting the ones from 1943.

Singleplayer Maps in Mutliplayer is not a good idea. See MW2.

Anthony817

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Lol, very true.

I only suggested because that is the only areas I know of in the Pacific that were actually in game. Never got further than about half way through game.

I had sen another modder ported singleplayer maps into multiplayer and had captureable flags in it so that is really the only reason that came to my mind.

Rodney

Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Anthony817 wrote:I had sen another modder ported singleplayer maps into multiplayer and had captureable flags in it so that is really the only reason that came to my mind.

Where have you seen that? There no such mod as far as I know.

Return to “Modifications”