I haven't published anything for a while, the reason is that I was working on this. It was hard and still isn't finished, but I just wanted to show the current state off!
If it wasn't working this would've never seen the light of day and all the hours were wasted time...
But here it is, I present you: BF1943 Mod for BFBC2!
- New Sub-Menu in Main Menu
- Loading of some Models/Textures from 1943 (Soldier and Weapon you can see in the screenshot)
- Loading of Wake Island (+ Textures, but some Models removed or replaced by similar BC2 Models because not ported)
- Any other Maps
- Ships, Planes and most weapons (the M1 is the Model and uses M16A2 stats)
- Minimap (haven't ported the texture, using Atacama as placeholder currently)
- Flags not working correctly (invisible placeholders used)
- A lot of other stuff (static weapons, etc.)
- Most Models (Partially replaced by BC2 counterparts, for example the Czech hedgehog)
- "Real" Mutliplayer
As of now, this is just a Proof of Concept. May it be finished at some point in the future!
Ingame on Wake Island!
This is an early alpha, if at all. It wasn't tested with >1 Player.
There is a lot of work to do, we will see in the future!
See you on the battlefield!