WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
[Bot] Google
Re: Community Map pack v1 - Airplanes Mod

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 pm

There are something strange with damage to planes. Green plane easily destroyed with any rifle or pistol, white plane has no damage from this guns, but can be destroyed with 10 shots from M95.

badbaubau

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:51 pm

[Bot] Google wrote:There are something strange with damage to planes. Green plane easily destroyed with any rifle or pistol, white plane has no damage from this guns, but can be destroyed with 10 shots from M95.

Planes are more differences between them, therefore I did as a team have the same type of aircraft, there would be no balance.
Have different centers of gravity and air impact differs depending on the shape of the wing. about damage from handguns i dont know how to fix :)

EDIT:
"about damage from handguns i dont know how to fix :)" my bad, initial in my work maps this problem have fixed but some some reasons i forgot to change in maps for mappack and when i make tests for mappack that problem apers again and I thought that really does not solve. I will upload again mappack for server, work changes only on server side.
Thank you my attention on this issue! :mrgreen:

[Bot] Google

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:30 pm

I updated server files, now planes have the same damage from handguns :) What about airplanes guns? I think that damage to other planes, helicopters, boats, cars...and tanks is overpowred.

badbaubau

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 pm

[Bot] Google wrote:I updated server files, now planes have the same damage from handguns :) What about airplanes guns? I think that damage to other planes, helicopters, boats, cars...and tanks is overpowred.

f4u corsair have (20 mm) M2 cannon ... mean big damage, on maps with missing resources for that power i used power from bmd bullets,, is the same damage :)

[Bot] Google

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:27 pm

badbaubau wrote:
[Bot] Google wrote:I updated server files, now planes have the same damage from handguns :) What about airplanes guns? I think that damage to other planes, helicopters, boats, cars...and tanks is overpowred.

f4u corsair have (20 mm) M2 cannon ... mean big damage, on maps with missing resources for that power i used power from bmd bullets,, is the same damage :)

If you mean M2 Browning, it's 12,7 mm, F4U Corsair can reach speeds over 500 km/h... in game it doesn't reach such speed, it is about realism. I don't exactly understand how you do this and what is bmd bullets, but 5 shots to destroy heli - too high damage. We did not test planes with high amount of players, but I think that this overpowered guns can kill balance.

badbaubau

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:07 pm

[Bot] Google wrote:
badbaubau wrote:

If you mean M2 Browning, it's 12,7 mm, F4U Corsair can reach speeds over 500 km/h... in game it doesn't reach such speed, it is about realism. I don't exactly understand how you do this and what is bmd bullets, but 5 shots to destroy heli - too high damage. We did not test planes with high amount of players, but I think that this overpowered guns can kill balance.

is hard to balance weapon and vehicle damages builds from different type of war (this case game), same problem have with mixed vehicles and weapons from b c 2 and vietnam game, and airplanes is from battlefield 1943 for ps used in sp just for animation on first mision. if anyone feels able to make the correct balance I have nothing against,,I would really be happy to deal with someone else with this problem :)

mizudg

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Say, baubau, you should consider making this to Vietnam-only in the future. You guys were making airplanes too, weren't you? Just split them into the correct eras. Other than that, great job.. still waiting on the Rancho thing

[Bot] Google

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:24 pm

badbaubau wrote:is hard to balance weapon and vehicle damages builds from different type of war (this case game), same problem have with mixed vehicles and weapons from b c 2 and vietnam game, and airplanes is from Bettlefold 1943 for ps used in sp just for animation on first mision. if anyone feels able to make the correct balance I have nothing against,,I would really be happy to deal with someone else with this problem :)

Airplane's cannon shoots 22 health points to AH-64 with one shot from 5 meters. Heavy MG only 3 hp with one shot, may be it is too little damage - it seems to be true.
Also, no damage from cannon to all tanks. I think it will be like a normal balance. If you tell how to change damage, I can make some tests to setting up balance.

mizudg

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 am

Doesn't the plane shoot two guns? If so, 6 damage seems absolutely reasonable, considering they're so OP in BF4 (Attack Jets take Ac130 down in one strafe, not to mention every other vehicle).

badbaubau

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 am

mizudg wrote:Say, baubau, you should consider making this to Vietnam-only in the future. You guys were making airplanes too, weren't you? Just split them into the correct eras. Other than that, great job.. still waiting on the Rancho thing

for moment have problem with airplanes in vietnam. look good, move nice , after i add planes............. all vehicles in contact with water make the game to crash. certain parts of the game probably collide head. need to fix that first :)
until now never try to add vehicle from b c 2 on vietnam

Return to “Modifications”