WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
graspingcp
Modding tutorials

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Hey i was wondering if someone could make tutorials here or on youtube, for us who are not as good as some of you on modding.

Tutorials on how to add vehicles,nightmode to maps or buildings etc.

Now im trying to move apache to a new map and have problems finding/adding "weapon component data".

Help would be nice :)
Last edited by graspingcp on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobbingHood

Re: Modding tutorials

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:40 pm

graspingcp wrote:Hey i was wondering if someone can make tutorials here or on youtube, for us who are not as good as some of you on modding.

Literally the first post in this section: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4792

graspingcp

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:49 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
graspingcp wrote:Hey i was wondering if someone can make tutorials here or on youtube, for us who are not as good as some of you on modding.

Yea i've read this post but it's not that i need help with.
My question was how to 'add' apache to valparaiso etc. And i think this forum needs more modding tutorials.

RobbingHood

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Hm, I can't help you then, not being a modder myself :/

emi-liano

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:34 pm

graspingcp wrote:
RobbingHood wrote:

Yea i've read this post but it's not that i need help with.
My question was how to 'add' apache to valparaiso etc. And i think this forum needs more modding tutorials.

Go to Mordor HQ, in the section of this game you will find the answer there, norn360 did a little tutorial on how to add new vehicles to a map. Check your PM inbox.

mizudg

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

emi-liano wrote:
Go to Mordor HQ, in the section of this game you will find the answer there, norn360 did a little tutorial on how to add new vehicles to a map. Check your PM inbox.

emi-liano ! PROGRESS REPOOOOORT!

emi-liano

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:58 am

mizudg wrote:emi-liano ! PROGRESS REPOOOOORT!

SR. YES SR.!
HERE IS THE DUTY REPORT SR!
http://share.pho.to/4sitV

graspingcp wrote:Hey i was wondering if someone could make tutorials here or on youtube, for us who are not as good as some of you on modding.

Now im trying to move apache to a new map and have problems finding/adding "weapon component data".

Help would be nice

To not be off topic i made a fast tuto, it may help you.
1- remove all dbdeleted related to the vehicle in question in your modded map. (server and client)
2- merge the folders where your desired vehicle is, for example the huey from nam,
you have to copy the folders from nam-common into your modded map, you can copy all folders and merge, don't replace just update your map folder, you can copy everything or just the folders/files related to the vehicle in question, is easy to copy everything. (client and server)
3-copy shaders files(three files) from any map that has your wanted vehicle, and paste it in a folder with any name, inside the folder "shaders" of your map. (client only).
4- check what LOD setting file your wanted vehicle uses, and paste that file in Systems\Mesh of you modded map.
5- add the vehicle instance on the main dbx.
6- check what materials your vehicle have, in the havok file of your wanted vehicle, then add those materials (if they are not pressent) to matelial linux file and materials win32, (client and server)
7-enjoy.
Last edited by emi-liano on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mizudg

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:06 am

emi-liano wrote:
mizudg wrote:emi-liano ! PROGRESS REPOOOOORT!

SR. YES SR.!
HERE IS THE DUTY REPORT SR!
http://share.pho.to/4sitV

graspingcp wrote:Hey i was wondering if someone could make tutorials here or on youtube, for us who are not as good as some of you on modding.

Help would be nice

To not be off topic i made a fast tuto, it may help you.
1- remove all dbdeleted related to the vehicle in question in your modded map. (server and client)
2- merge the folders where your desired vehicle is, for example the huey from nam,
you have to copy the folders from nam-common into your modded map, you can copy all folders and merge, don't replace just update your map folder, you can copy everything or just the folders/files related to the vehicle in question, is easy to copy everything. (client and server)
3-copy shaders files(three files) from any map that has your wanted vehicle, and paste it in a folder with any name, inside the folder "shaders" of your map. (client only).
4- check what LOD setting file your wanted vehicle uses, and paste that file in Systems\Mesh of you modded map.
5- add the vehicle instance on the main dbx.
6- enjoy.

I meant on bots, but not gonna complain :lol: Hope to see more posts from you soon

Return to “Modifications”