WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
RobbingHood
Re: AIRPLANES first public test

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:This looks like an awesome mod but the download from Mega won't complete. It freezes at 79% in firefox-linux and 92% in firefox-win7. I am not familiar with Mega but Mediafire always works 100% for me.

Same for me. I usually don't say this, but try using Internet Explorer, that worked for me.

Sammuel

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:03 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Bruce Lee wrote:This looks like an awesome mod but the download from Mega won't complete. It freezes at 79% in firefox-linux and 92% in firefox-win7. I am not familiar with Mega but Mediafire always works 100% for me.

Same for me. I usually don't say this, but try using Internet Explorer, that worked for me.

I noticed that problem but after i got the Mega Firefox plugin (google) it seemed to fix the issue.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

RobbingHood

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 am

Sammuel wrote:I noticed that problem but after i got the Mega Firefox plugin (google) it seemed to fix the issue.

And that's what they want. Seriously, why would I need a plugin to download something?

mouz

Re: AIRPLANES first public test (closed)

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Firefox preloads while chrome streams, they behave differently in many situations. For example using a stock streaming tool to play a song over the network, firefox would load up the whole song and you could skip through, chrome wouldn't be able to that. On the other hand watching a live webcam feed, chrome would have a solid frame rate, where firefox would have 1-2 pictures a second. So as you can see there are trade offs. Problem with mega is that firefox would use huge amounts of ram, and eventually disk space to download a moderate file due to the way it process data, unlike chrome that just streams it. Thus the need for a plugin to fix the behaviour.

RobbingHood

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Point taken. Still, I have enough RAM for FF to download the file like it always would, and therefore I don't need a plugin to "fix" that.

Sammuel

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Point taken. Still, I have enough RAM for FF to download the file like it always would, and therefore I don't need a plugin to "fix" that.

yah i have 16 giggerbites of ram so i have no idea why it resolved the issue...

Perhaps the plugin does more than just change how FF downloads?

RobbingHood

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Sammuel wrote:Perhaps the plugin does more than just change how FF downloads?

That's why I don't want to use it :P

Sammuel

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Sammuel wrote:Perhaps the plugin does more than just change how FF downloads?

That's why I don't want to use it :P

lel. Good point... :lol:

m0chil

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Good job on the planes :D.Hope to see future maps with all vehicles including these airplanes.Ahh the old BF2 days :D
Battlefield 1942,2,BC1,BC2,BF3 veteran.Check out my status at battlelog G4bb1 and bf3_rio

Get 10 posts :D
Get 20 posts :D
Get 30 posts :D
Get 50 posts :D
Get 100 posts

weavii

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Are the server files public yet? I tried to set it up with the client files, but failed.

Return to “Modifications”