WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
Atacama Server Crash Exploit Fix

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi all,
First of all I wanted to say thanks to NoFaTe for the BedCompanion2 emulator. Since there are so many haxers on the PunkBuster servers it isn't worth the trouble of keeping that useless program running on my PC just to play this game, even though I bought the DVD in 2010.

The main reason I am posting is to inform server admins that there is a problem with the Atacama map that has expanded boundaries. A player showed me that if the mounted MG behind the USA base on the back corner of the 24/7 Atacama map is blown up with an RPG the server will crash. If the admin of that server will either remove the MG from the map or restrict the map boundaries to exclude it then I think the server crash exploit should be fixed.

Also I have been toying with the idea of a realism mod for BC2 since I think some silly things were put in by the devs which may make sense on the xbox but not on the PC. For instance, I would make the tanks drive much faster and remove the ridiculous elevation restriction on the 50cal MG which makes tanks totally defenseless if a heli flies high enough. I would also make the RPG much faster as it is virtually useless against heli unless you use the silly tracer dart perk. Of course I would make the heli controls much more responsive so it feels like you are piloting a nimble aircraft instead of an oil-tanker. Most importantly I would drastically increase the speed of bullets to something more realistic instead of the laughably slow speed they are in the vanilla game. I realize that these things were probably put into the game for the sake of balance on the xbox but we are the PC master race and we don't need no stinking xbox nerfs. ;)

Anyway, let me know what you think about a realism mod and if you have anything you would like to change in the vanilla game. I can't promise I will get something done for sure but I am seriously thinking about investigating the Mod-Tools to see what is possible.
Last edited by RobbingHood on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Modifications

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Atacama Server Crash Exploit Fix

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:17 pm

I have actually made a fixed version of the atacama map for my server a while back, you can get it here: http://ge.tt/6tsBHW71/v/0?c

It has the HMG disabled (it won't spawn).
There used to be a signature here.

mouz

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:50 am

Btw, is it possible to destroy that mounted mg without extended borders? I mean it's pretty far off. The red arrow shows the approximate location of the mounted mg (the yellow dot) on the map.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm

It's more like here (1023, 1023 to be exact):
And no, there isn't any way to destroy this without modified borders.
(It will be invulnerable besides being not in reach.)
Last edited by Rodney on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There used to be a signature here.

mouz

Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Lol okay than no need to patch the servers :D

Return to “Modifications”