WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
[Bot] Google
Spectator mode in BFBC2

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:45 am

Hello, I want to speak about spectator mode and HUD disabling in BFBC2. I read some forums for this theme and I find only one working spectator for BFBC2...It was cheat and it didn't work with latest bfbc2 patch and with dx11 :(
As I know, first fan-made spectator for BF3 was made with MAV and BF3 Editor (then released VeniceFX and Free Camera) I try to do somethink like this for BFBC2.
I'm making some progress in this, here you can see what I'm talking about

As you can see on the video, there are no noise and black and white filter in UAV, also there are no nicknames over the players and vehicles, but I can't disable crosshair, chat and some parts of minimap

that's why there are black borders on my video

If you want to disable UAV filters:

1) Open a map with mod tools where you want to disable UAV filter
for example "...:\Program Files (x86)\...\...\Package\levels\mp_007 \level-00.fbrb"
go to "\Objects\Vehicles\Air\UAV"

2) Search for "textures/
you can see something like this "textures/ui/hudfx_rollingbar/b7f913a6-e62e-4350-8fdc-83348684dd61"
and 4 other lines
change them to "textures/ui/", or maybe you can just delete them - I didn't test this.

3) Serch for Crosshair and change all parametrs like Scale, Opacity to 0

4) Go to the end of the file and search for "ColorTint" and press find previous
chage parametrs to
<complex name="ColorTint">
<complex name="Contrast">1.0/1.0/1.0/*zero*</complex>
<complex name="Brightness">1.0/1.0/1.0/*zero*</complex>
<complex name="Saturation">1.0/1.0/1.0/*zero*</complex>
<field name="Hue">0</field>
</complex>

5) Near the "ColorTint" parametr (in the end of the file) you can see "InterpolatedBrightness"
change it to
<complex name="InterpolatedBrightness">
<field name="BaseStrength">1.0</field>
<field name="StrengthDeviation">0</field>
<field name="StrengthRecursiveScale">0.800000011921</field>
</complex>
or you can set the values that you want.

6) Serch for "Ghosts" and change all paramets in "Ghost0", "Ghost1", "Ghost2" to 0

7) Save/archive/

To disable nicknames over the players and vehicles go to "...:\Program Files (x86)\...\...\Package\async\startup-00.fbrb
then go to "\Menu\hud_root.dbx" and chnge parametrs to 0.

If you want indestructible UAV open "...\dist\linux\levels\mp_common\level-00.fbrb" (server) then go to "Objects\Vehicles\Air\UAV\UAV.dbx" search for Health and change all health parametrs to 100000000000, also you can change water damage and other damage parametrs.

That's what I know about this, If you know how to disable all HUD, enable alternative spectator or something else, tell us.
Last edited by [Bot] Google on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mizudg

Re: Spectator mode in BFBC2

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Love what you did and the video is pure awesome. If you add some text in there such as "IGN Approves" and such, it could easily replace a trailer so we kinda got a close-to in-engine recording tool now :D

Thing is though, how does this work in pub games? I mean, there is no Spectator TEAM so how do the spectators... well.. spectate? Also, I assume the FP POV was you playing and shooting to make it look more like a trailer, but do you think it will be possible in the future? Mebi engine access o-o

[Bot] Google

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm

mizudg wrote:Love what you did and the video is pure awesome. If you add some text in there such as "IGN Approves" and such, it could easily replace a trailer so we kinda got a close-to in-engine recording tool now :D

Thank you!

UAVs spectator is not very useful, because it is visible for enemies. They start trying to destroy it, but they can't, this disrupts the gameplay. That's why UAVs spectator is more useful for filming machinimas...but who want to film bfbc2 machinima in 2013 :?

This spectator is more useful
http://youtu.be/6Pn6cIDwEE8
but it works only with dx10, only on windows 7 and on 602574 client's patch...and it's a cheat
I have no idea how cheat-developers do this, maybe cheat find palyer's camera position parameters and change them, something like this
http://youtu.be/CP1IdJdDIcY?t=10m55s

badbaubau

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 pm

nice work! my old ideea.... i make for movie makers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJxyUsBR4A all vehicles is invisibles , heli ,tank ,cars.,,,, open in game files(client only)\level-00\levels\mp_005\Shaders and replace shaders from another map she dont have vehicles and not see vehicles. :) only you not see vehicles ;)

when you respawn back on a player's position see player, is not posible to do (camera) not be bound by the player? and in this time ,befour respawn ,players have free camera? just an idea :)

[Bot] Google

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks badbaubau :)

badbaubau wrote: when you respawn back on a player's position see player, is not posible to do (camera) not be bound by the player? and in this time ,befour respawn ,players have free camera? just an idea :)

Nice idea, but it's too hard to do. It is possible to change respawn camera position, but move...

badbaubau

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am

[Bot] Google wrote:Thanks badbaubau :)

badbaubau wrote: when you respawn back on a player's position see player, is not posible to do (camera) not be bound by the player? and in this time ,befour respawn ,players have free camera? just an idea :)

Nice idea, but it's too hard to do. It is possible to change respawn camera position, but move...

It is possible to change respawn camera position

ooo nice :) !
Change respawn camera position like first person position and wen you want to respawn to see just what the other player sees, so you can see if the other has : wallhack :D
as a way to find ;)

mizudg

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:44 am

badbaubau wrote:
[Bot] Google wrote:Thanks badbaubau :)

It is possible to change respawn camera position

ooo nice :) !
Change respawn camera position like first person position and wen you want to respawn to see just what the other player sees, so you can see if the other has : wallhack :D
as a way to find ;)

I don't think it's possible to move the killcam to 1st person or at least to the point where he would be able to be spotted if he is hacking. Even if he is hacking.. you can't do anything about it yet so what's the point.

blackhawkfalled

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 am

Alright, I find almost all of them, but how can you guys turn the HUD (minimap and flags in the bottom-left of the screen)off? That
s amazing! :lol:

[Bot] Google

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 am

blackhawkfalled wrote:Alright, I find almost all of them, but how can you guys turn the HUD (minimap and flags in the bottom-left of the screen)off? That
s amazing! :lol:

I didn't find a way to disable minimap and the messages in the center of the screen, but
[Bot] Google wrote:To disable nicknames over the players and vehicles go to "...:\Program Files (x86)\...\...\Package\async\startup-00.fbrb
then go to "\Menu\hud_root.dbx" and chnge parametrs to 0.

blackhawkfalled

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Got it. I have forgetted one question that how you disable the MCOM diamond which should be displayed on your screen?

Return to “Modifications”