WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
emi-liano
Re: Extra vehicles server side mod tutorial

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:53 pm

As I understand, to create 5 heli on the map I have to set 5 spawn positions and set up this parameters. or not?
<field name="ApplyDamageToAbandondedVehicles">true</field> and
<field name="DestroyVehiclesOnDisable">true</field>
but when I change "false" to "true" nothing happens and heli continue spawn on the first base

Yes, you should enable those parameters, but if you say that they didn't work must be because something, i will chek it as soon as i can.
In the mean time you can set the amount to a lower number of vehicles that you want to be disabled after destroying the m-com station, so after they spawn, lets say 5 times, they will stop spawning, this will be a good solution for the problem.
Go to the vehicle you will like to be disabled after taking a base and change : <field name="Amount">0</field> to any number you think is good for your need.

emi-liano

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

badbaubau wrote:emi-liano great work!

THANK YOU!

_-=ECLiPSE=-_

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 am

After I edit the file how to I pack it back into level-00.fbrb?

Save then archive right? Tried that and I was able to get tank and quad to appear at the beginning but no helis?

emi-liano

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

_-=ECLiPSE=-_ wrote:After I edit the file how to I pack it back into level-00.fbrb?

Save then archive right? Tried that and I was able to get tank and quad to appear at the beginning but no helis?

Yes, to pack you need to click first save, then archive. what map are you talking about? as far as i know there is no quad bikes on isla, maybe you are editing another map, tell me wich one is it.

_-=ECLiPSE=-_

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:58 am

emi-liano wrote:
_-=ECLiPSE=-_ wrote:After I edit the file how to I pack it back into level-00.fbrb?

Yes, to pack you need to click first save, then archive. what map are you talking about? as far as i know there is no quad bikes on isla, maybe you are editing another map, tell me wich one is it.

Laguna presa rush mp-009gr

emi-liano

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:39 am

I tested on that map, and it work fine, IDK what could be your problem.

Legenderp

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Doesn't work in Vietnam. Yeah, even in maps with no helicopters such as Hill 137, Vantage Point and Cao Son Temple there are flying hueys in the air, but after editing one into the ground it appears they are non-drivable - just a useless 3D object, which is a bummer.

mouz

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 am

Rodney and me found a fix to this error

Code: Select all

Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1307): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles
There is a way to enable multiple spawns for vehicles without crashing the server upon a building being destroyed. Just open the map dbx file and replace all

<field name="RemoveVehicles">true</field>

with

<field name="RemoveVehicles">false</field>

Also if you would like to have something like this, what SylarTL found out, which we call partial destruction
Replace all

<field name="RemoveBangers">true</field>

with

<field name="RemoveBangers">false</field>

Also for
emi-liano wrote:<field name="MaxVehicles">3</field> this one tells the game how many vehicles can be simultaneously in one team

I'm pretty sure it's max vehicles per spawn point, that is that it can spawn a max of three vehicles. If you had 2 spawnpoints with 'MaxVehicles' set to 3 you could spawn a total of 6 vehicles, of course if 'MaxVehiclesPerMap' allows it. If I was wrong how could on atacama conqest there be 2 (3) tanks per team if max vehicles is set to 1?

Sammuel

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:10 am

mouz wrote:Also if you would like to have something like this, what SylarTL found out, which we call partial destruction
Replace all

<field name="RemoveBangers">true</field>

with

<field name="RemoveBangers">false</field>

the partial destruction seems quite interesting only can you destroy those non-destroyed parts after the falling-building animation/what-ever its called has run? or do they become static?
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

mouz

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:54 am

Sammuel wrote:the partial destruction seems quite interesting only can you destroy those non-destroyed parts after the falling-building animation/what-ever its called has run? or do they become static?

You can totally destroy them after the house collapses. I also messed with some triggers that cause the house to collapse, you can make it if you shoot 1 wall down the roof collapses and all other walls stay up which is funny, but it only works on some houses :D

Return to “Modifications”