WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
<FoxWorth>
Re: why is now project rome master server down???

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:04 pm

I just hope they will back it up till 9pm :/

Tribal72

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 pm

If you had a working test/dev environment that mirrored the live environment then you could make the changes necessary in the dev/test env.

I test software for my company (bug fixes, new builds etc...) and we have a Virtual Test/Dev environment that mirrors the Prod. This environment consists of VM's. All fixes changes are made in this environment and once the fixes are stable we just put this environment into prod at the same time we take down the existing prod ( the cutover is very minimal to the end user) and then make the changes to the prod env and then switch it back. Not sure if you guys have the resources or not to make this happen.

Thanks,
Tribal72

<FoxWorth>

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Tribal72 wrote:If you had a working test/dev environment that mirrored the live environment then you could make the changes necessary in the dev/test env.

I test software for my company (bug fixes, new builds etc...) and we have a Virtual Test/Dev environment that mirrors the Prod. This environment consists of VM's. All fixes changes are made in this environment and once the fixes are stable we just put this environment into prod at the same time we take down the existing prod ( the cutover is very minimal to the end user) and then make the changes to the prod env and then switch it back. Not sure if you guys have the resources or not to make this happen.

Thanks,
Tribal72

How long does it takes in your company?

Tribal72

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:25 pm

<FoxWorth> wrote:
Tribal72 wrote:If you had a working test/dev environment that mirrored the live environment then you could make the changes necessary in the dev/test env.

Thanks,
Tribal72

How long does it takes in your company?

That really depends on what is being fixed/changed. Once the changes/fixes are made in the dev environment the cutover time is very minimal since the VM's that are in the dev env have the same IP and server name for DNS as the prod servers, they are just in a separate vLAN. We suspend the prod server and place the test server in the prod LAN cutover takes about 5 minutes.

Kerrigan

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:43 pm

The servers are not permanently down.

They'll be restarted in the near future.

Remain patient until then.

Return to “Help and Support”