WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
bot300
Why Ping is misbehaving?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 am

When I search for servers in server browser, I find some server with ping 180 to 220 (and above).
But when I join any server with 200 ping (Just example), I get 300+ ping in the game (when I see my ping during match by pressing TAB, my ping is 315 or so)
I have core i3 2nd gen processor and 4 gb ram but 8600gt card. thats why my fps is around 20. But I dont think it should hurt ping.

mizudg

Re: Why Ping is misbehaving?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:30 am

There is always a forced ping in there. When you join a server, your ping isn't going to be as much as the server shows like in other games. When I join a 40 ping server for example, I get 120-140 ping.

bot300

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:25 pm

mizudg wrote:There is always a forced ping in there. When you join a server, your ping isn't going to be as much as the server shows like in other games. When I join a 40 ping server for example, I get 120-140 ping.

Does this mean that my ping will be always 100 more than what it should be??
Other players on that server have 200 and I have 300.. (Does this mean that their ping was forced from 100 to 200 and my from 200 to 300). Cant I fix this. Its too difficult to play at 300 ping.

mizudg

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Look for lower-pinged servers... or host yor own server, you wont have 100+ ping there..

Brendo

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:45 pm

actually i have the same problem at 1-2 days when i start play in servers my ping is 600-700 .. and i move on photos... i just want to know what the hell is this, before 1 week i play in this servers without problem i have normal ping 50-150 but now is a big and i cant play. My internet connection is 50mb and my pc is pretty good 6 gb ram.. what is the problem?

mizudg wrote:Look for lower-pinged servers... or host yor own server, you wont have 100+ ping there..

Lol in lower-pinged servers all players have a ping bigger at 100 wtf ?

Sammuel

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:26 am

Brendo wrote:actually i have the same problem at 1-2 days when i start play in servers my ping is 600-700 .. and i move on photos... i just want to know what the hell is this, before 1 week i play in this servers without problem i have normal ping 50-150 but now is a big and i cant play. My internet connection is 50mb and my pc is pretty good 6 gb ram.. what is the problem?

mizudg wrote:Look for lower-pinged servers... or host yor own server, you wont have 100+ ping there..

In your post you mentioned that you moved some photos, if your using a client like Bittorrent to-do that it could be seeding and contributing to your loss of connectivity; if you did not use that program or one like it I would suggest you think about what programs you have installed between the date that you had 'good' ping to present.

Also don't always assume that the problem is at your end it is possible the server has changed its hardware/software or even altered there internet plan thus effecting you.

Furthermore, Ping is also effected by your hardware; you mentioned you had a good internet Connection & 6 gigabytes of RAM, however if your graphics card, CPU or other part of your machine is malfunctioning it could be theredicly causing your ping issues as well.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Brendo

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 am

Sammuel wrote:
Brendo wrote:actually i have the same problem at 1-2 days when i start play in servers my ping is 600-700 .. and i move on photos... i just want to know what the hell is this, before 1 week i play in this servers without problem i have normal ping 50-150 but now is a big and i cant play. My internet connection is 50mb and my pc is pretty good 6 gb ram.. what is the problem?

In your post you mentioned that you moved some photos, if your using a client like Bittorrent to-do that it could be seeding and contributing to your loss of connectivity; if you did not use that program or one like it I would suggest you think about what programs you have installed between the date that you had 'good' ping to present.

Also don't always assume that the problem is at your end it is possible the server has changed its hardware/software or even altered there internet plan thus effecting you.

Furthermore, Ping is also effected by your hardware; you mentioned you had a good internet Connection & 6 gigabytes of RAM, however if your graphics card, CPU or other part of your machine is malfunctioning it could be theredicly causing your ping issues as well.

I have and Battlefield 4 and i not have this ping there.

Sammuel

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Brendo wrote:I have and Bettlefold 4 and i not have this ping there.

If you have a legal copy of BFBC2 you should Contact EA Support they may be able to assist you.

If not then... Wait for one of the Tech-support people to see this & make a suggestion.

mizudg

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:14 pm

If you are really suggesting him to contact EA support, you might as well tell him to go ask the rocks on the ground outside

Sammuel

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:19 pm

mizudg wrote:If you are really suggesting him to contact EA support, you might as well tell him to go ask the rocks on the ground outside

i said they may be able to help & why not? Its there for a reason.

Return to “Help and Support”