WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: PunkBuster + Realtek crashes PC in EA games / Help neede

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:33 am

Kerrigan wrote:
mizudg wrote:Well, thanks for the help guys, but none of the fixes so far have helped him. I think it's a problem in his sound card in general but he refuses to get a new one just because only EA's games are giving him this error

Well to exclude the issue: What happens if he disables the Realtek Audio Device in the Device Manager of Windows ?
With the sound disabled PB shouldn't cause a conflict anymore.

If the game doesn't crash without Realtek, the issue is caused by it definitively.

If you decide to buy a soundcard, buy a Creative.

Well, he refuses to play without sound and so would I if I were in his place. He is just pissed because he paid money for Premium and not as much for MOH but enough for every EA game he ever bought for them to serve him the service that Steam would've fixed years ago...

Kerrigan

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:02 am

mizudg wrote:Well, he refuses to play without sound and so would I if I were in his place. He is just pissed because he paid money for Premium and not as much for MOH but enough for every EA game he ever bought for them to serve him the service that Steam would've fixed years ago...

He shall switch the sound off for one session. Not permanently ._.

If Google is not providing an appropriate solution a new sound device will be unevitable.

mizudg

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 am

He isn't pissed because this is happening. He is pissed because it's happening only to EA/Origin games. He said "Why should I spend even more money to fix this when I can play any other game with people who actually look after it and care about it such as CS:GO"

Kerrigan

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 am

Yes. This is because EA is a bunch of... but well.

Pissed off or not. He can be as pissed as he wants to but neither EA nor anyone will fix this.
Possibilities:

- Try your luck and find a solution on Google
or
- Buy a new sound device
or
- Leave BF alone and get rid of the account (sell it)

mizudg

Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:56 am

He was thinking of doing the last one and now with the HB so affordable, he could wait a while before doing it though

beastybell

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Well if he do what I suggested - disabling the integrated audio from bios and removes the files that are used by realtek and still crashes... then his problem might be something else... my best suggestion is to- first disable the audiocard from bios. then clean install windows. After that just install the moh2010 or whatever and see if this fixed it, if it does, just enable the audio from bios and let windows install drivers, do not install any other sh1t. If it works than-congrats, if not atleast you can be sure it is from realtek. Just make a partiotion for windows and the game, not needed more than 30 GB :roll:

mizudg

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 pm

beastybell wrote:Well if he do what I suggested - disabling the integrated audio from bios and removes the files that are used by realtek and still crashes... then his problem might be something else... my best suggestion is to- first disable the audiocard from bios. then clean install windows. After that just install the moh2010 or whatever and see if this fixed it, if it does, just enable the audio from bios and let windows install drivers, do not install any other sh1t. If it works than-congrats, if not atleast you can be sure it is from realtek. Just make a partiotion for windows and the game, not needed more than 30 GB :roll:

That would mean re-installing his Windows and he is kind of a stubborn guy when he has to do tons of stuff just to fix something, rather than rightfully blame it on EA for not fixing the issue themselves. I don't think he will re-install soon though I Will tell him what you just said

Lapin

Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 pm

BC2 + My old MotherBoard (Integrated Sound card) = Bsod

Exept an external Sound card (Integrated with the HeadSet) there is no way to solve this problem.
Ding dong bannu

Return to “Help and Support”