WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Ryuop
BFBC2 LAN

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi,
There is a way to play LAN, it´s a russian guy "Sinthetix" who have done a PHP Master Emulator, that works for LAN. I am not posting any links, pm me if you want to know how. I am probably gonna be banned for writing this, but I feel everybody should know there is a LAN version....

Kerrigan

Re: BFBC2 LAN

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 am

I checked the site out where he hosts it.

The PHP emulator looks pretty much like the one Triver managed to get working.
The steps to install it properly are just the same.

1. You need an SQL.
2. You have to change the version parameter.

Didn't he tell us that he used old src from EvilSrc ?

Anyway. I will check it out at home and see if it is worth to be used on LAN or it's just as unstable as the alpha version from Triver.

Imo i would wait for an official Rome LAN if NoFaTe ever decides to create one.
Since Rome is now entirely his own work his LAN function would be the best to get... obviously.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:27 am

It is based on a very old version but pretty stable (much more stable than Alpha 0.8, the last public working version), I got it running on a linux VPS and it works without any major problems with lower amounts of users (4-6), it features stats, dogtags, etc. and it is possible to create accounts ingame, which is pretty cool for a LAN.

It isn't as good developed as Nexus is (obvious) but it is available for everyone and works completely offline, this it what makes it a suitable solution for LAN play.

Personally I doubt we will see Nexus LAN in the next few weeks, this is the perfect solution for people who cannot wait. It just requires more thinking/knowledge than Nexus itself ^^
There used to be a signature here.

airtm_shadow

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Rodney wrote:It is based on a very old version but pretty stable (much more stable than Alpha 0.8, the last public working version), I got it running on a linux VPS and it works without any major problems with lower amounts of users (4-6), it features stats, dogtags, etc. and it is possible to create accounts ingame, which is pretty cool for a LAN.

It isn't as good developed as Nexus is (obvious) but it is available for everyone and works completely offline, this it what makes it a suitable solution for LAN play.

Personally I doubt we will see Nexus LAN in the next few weeks, this is the perfect solution for people who cannot wait. It just requires more thinking/knowledge than Nexus itself ^^

wow! so this emu is already here. Ok ok ok let me say you something because I'm using it...
First of all it is very stable, i don't know about nexus... but, it was running some days in continuous without any crashes, there are people who can handle hundred of players over the internet with this emulator, not only LAN, so with 4-6 players i think its like in idle mode... and these are real facts! So don't confuse other people with your experience with this emulator.
There are a readme file in russian so use google translation if you have any problems, there are all insructions needed to run it correctly.

airtm_shadow

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Rodney wrote:It isn't as good developed as Nexus is (obvious) but it is available for everyone and works completely offline, this it what makes it a suitable solution for LAN play.

Sorry I was missing that. Seems that you are a developer. OK, give me some arguments this emulator isn't so good developed as nexus. Of course without taking in account there are two different programming languages.
Look in your dedicated server log when you play on nexus. There are messages like: "unknown TXN... dropping...", that means your nexus is losing some packets, in this emulator you will not see something like this, may be only in case there are an internet connection lag.... ;)

Ryuop

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:59 pm

It´s very stable, I use it all the time in my LAN´s and we are about 25 people that play it..

furiousTaher

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Ryuop wrote:It´s very stable, I use it all the time in my LAN´s and we are about 25 people that play it..

please pm me all the links... i need to play bfbc2 LAN

imadio

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 am

hi people please pm me i wanna links to play badcompany2 lan

Ryuop

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Check your inbox...

young-killer

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 pm

please pm me the link ... I wanna play Lan with the buds here in Iceland. :)

Cheers

Return to “Help and Support”