WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
inv123
Removing modification problem.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 pm

I was played a couple rounds on nexus servers, and after i wanted to go back to original by deleting dinput8.dll i got some problems.

I needed like 5tries to reach the soldier selection(lost connection).

When i selected my soldier, it took about a minute to load my stats.

The server browser shows 0 server! I klick the Search button, and than the searching window gone after 1second, and no any server shown up!

I able to join a random server with Play now option, but its ends up joining a random empty server :/

So idk its ea related or nexus.

RobbingHood

Re: Removing modification problem.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Actually, I don't think that nexus is responsible for this... You can try to restart your computer...

inv123

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 pm

No, its something else. (I did restart pc)

edit:
Looks like i got it.
At the Server settings, there is a region selection. By default it was somehow empty. I did changed it and working now!

But i still dont know anything about connection problems. I was like needed 3retries to load my stats.

CactusPie

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Server hook does not modify any files. It only modifies the code already loaded into memory. After you remove dinput8.dll your copy of bfbc2 will be completely back to normal.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Stats get cached in the GameSettings.bin file that's in your Documents/BFBC2 folder.
Local stat 'corruption' may be caused by using the same username/soldier name both here and on the official EA servers.
In any case you should try deleting that file and see if there's any performance-wise difference.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Return to “Help and Support”