WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
SentinelX
Too much lag to play

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:22 am

I played in 10 diferents servers,with good and bad ping,and all of them lag so much,make me froze and i cant play good,can someone help me with that? Some guys maybe have this problem too

death_stalker_ak47

Re: Too much lag to play

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:57 am

Then wait until NoFaTe fix the servers.
WARNING

qassouh

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:25 am

SentinelX wrote:I played in 10 diferents servers,with good and bad ping,and all of them lag so much,make me froze and i cant play good,can someone help me with that? Some guys maybe have this problem too

The best way is to play on HOsted servers (such as NRNS and many others...) they are having low pings
Qassouh :3

Garrett(Pooria)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm

graphical lag or network lag? they're two different things

SentinelX

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Garrett(Pooria) wrote:graphical lag or network lag? they're two different things

Never mind now,its working good

SentinelX

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Again the problem,maybe its the internet,cuz i put the graphics to low

daniele.roberto

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:20 pm

DickyTroll

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:35 am

well.. about experiencing lag... first. you have server ping. that's how fast YOU communicate with the server. second. you have YOUR ping. that's (I think) average how you interact with other players. lag happens like this (my theory): to syncronise both players, not on advantage of any, both need to lag. why ? because of the interaction time. if you need .06 secs to connect to server, .13 secs in game, and the other player has .2 secs in game, that's .33 secs allready. which means: you need to think a 1/3 of a second ahead of your moves. espetialy with Unreal Tournament kind of players (remember running from flak gun? )

Garrett(Pooria)

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 am

SentinelX wrote:Again the problem,maybe its the internet,cuz i put the graphics to low

there are two forms of network lag and you can have both of them, if there's packet lost in terms of outgoing data you experience things like your shots don't have any effect, you see animation of throwing grenade but yet number of grenades you're carrying is not decreased, you move but you just get pushed some distance back and of course other players see you laggy, all these because your outgoing data stream to server gets interrupted, if there's packet lost in terms of incoming data you simply see every character moving around laggy and in case of graphics lag it'll be exactly like the lag you'd experience when playing a single player game due to whatever reason your rig can't keep up the pace of generating frames and when this kind of lag happens all the screen temporarily freezes for like some milliseconds

Return to “Help and Support”