WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Garrett(Pooria)
Re: anybody hosting server on win 7?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

risen_GER wrote:Have you taken a look at your DNS cache?

Code: Select all

ipconfig /displaydns

or if list is too long

ipconfig /displaydns >> C:\dns.txt (or somewhere else..)

If that's not enough you can have a try with wireshark and monitor the lookups and all the other traffic on your system.

dude you seem to be a pro ;) first I did a

ipconfig /flushdns
to clear the cache; then I did run the server, then did a

ipconfig /displaydns
and two records for "battlefieldemulator.com"(it's not bettlefold as you know forum system filters the original word :D ) and "bfbc2.emulatornexus.com" with their associated ip addresses were displayed, then before I join the server I cleared the cache again, then I joined the server multiple times and got kicked, after that I checked the dns cache again and there was no record, seems server doesn't use urls to retrieve players' information from backend so chances of url blocking became zero I think, it just got more complicated :)
update1: I have tested to see if there would be same problem with hosting some other online fps, I'm hosting fourdeltaone iw5m and there is absolutely no problem
update 2:I also tried hosting fourdeltaone IW4M and it was totally flawless
hope to see all problems of ROME gone someday I love it so much more than IW4M or IW5M

Return to “Help and Support”