WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MadbaLL
Servers maintenance feedback to NoFate &CO

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:20 am

i don't know what is the current status of maintenance project, but so far i noticed these few things after it started:

- login popup window in the main menu works faster;

- server filters seem to work better (maybe placebo, who knows);

- third (and the main thing) - playing the game actually seems worse, in terms of increased server lag and occasional fps drops on every single server and game mod i tried since updating process began;

since i don't know at which stage update process is up to this day, i hope server lags and fps drops will be fixed, since i didn't have any of those before maintenance started.

Kerrigan

Re: Servers maintenance feedback to NoFate &CO

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:08 am

MadbaLL wrote:- login popup window in the main menu works faster;

Confirmed.

MadbaLL wrote:- third (and the main thing) - playing the game actually seems worse, in terms of increased server lag and occasional fps drops on every single server and game mod i tried since updating process began;

I second that. It also seems that the game is having problems with heavy GPU load.
E.g: When smoke deploys my game is lagging even more than it did before.

And no i don't think that my PC got worse by standing around in the last time ._.

NoFaTe changed the system so yes he is still in the process of fixing every single detail.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 am

Yet you all seem to fail to realize that the backend and the client hook itself are completely irrelevant to game performance.
If your game is lagging, it's your problem, not mine.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Kerrigan

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:54 am

NoFaTe wrote:Yet you all seem to fail to realize that the backend and the client hook itself are completely irrelevant to game performance.
If your game is lagging, it's your problem, not mine.

Well with the old hooks it worked smoothly without any lags. Why should my PC be the reason for to lag suddenly ?

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 am

Kerrigan wrote:Well with the old hooks it worked smoothly without any lags. Why should my PC be the reason for to lag suddenly ?

The changes in the hook were minor, and can in no way affect the performance of the game.

Kerrigan

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm

NoFaTe wrote:The changes in the hook were minor, and can in no way affect the performance of the game.

Small change, big effect.

Anyway it ran smooth before, i didn't change anything in my hardware/software systems so well..
Maybe the servers are just a bit fucked.

The lag seems to be caused by the servers to be precise..

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:03 pm

I haven't noticed any difference after the patch (though I only played on my server that wasn't full at the time)
There used to be a signature here.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm

To close this 'discussion', I'll state once more that there's absolutely nothing, both from a backend perspective or a client hook perspective that could degrade your performance, and that's a fact.
If you're experiencing problems either fix your PC or join another server.

Kerrigan

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Rodney wrote:I haven't noticed any difference after the patch (though I only played on my server that wasn't full at the time)

I played on DU4 and it was horrible. But i saw that they've 8 servers now on one box... maybe that is the reason.

MAGICs B3 servers were okay. I should try with empty servers too. SQDM was okay too.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”