WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MBenjo
Massive master server unstability since last update?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:57 am

Hey people, I'm not sure this has been mentioned before, as I couldn't find a related topic. So...

What is the reason for the massive server instability since the last update? I can't even complete a single match without being disconnected! :|

Since the last update I've been experiencing only unstability and bugs, which wasn't a problem - that affected me or was noticed by me - before the upgrade a few weeks ago. When I enter the game and log in, I can easily find the serverlist and join any server, but after a few minutes I'm disconnected from the server because of a Nexus master server error and I'm logged out automatically. After this I can't log in again without restarting the game, because I'm stuck at the "Updating player stats" message, which in fact shouldn't even be necessary, because disconnecting during a match that is unfinished doesn't give any XP or stats. :evil:

Spent a good few hours in the past weeks trying to reach at least ONE rank after the stats wipeout, but couldn't do so because of this. Already tried many suggestions for a fix, including deleting the BFBC2 folder in My Documents, creating a new soldier, registering a new account, and even reinstalling and re-patching the game. I didn't have any problems until the master server upgrade.

Any feedback or information about what is causing this would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Re: Massive master server unstability since last update?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

The servers have been up and running without any problem for the past 5 days.
There was a restart a couple of days ago but that was during low traffic time.

Other than that you shouldn't be having any problems.

Please make sure that the game servers that you're playing in are not the ones restarting/crashing, since there's nothing we can do about that.
Try joining popular game servers (eg. from providers that host multiple game servers) which are usually stable and well maintained.

If you continue having problems let me know by either PMing me or replying to this topic.
Also, the next time this happens to you make sure to note down the exact error message you're getting and also note whether you're actually completely logged out from the game or just kicked off of a game server (just check if the button on the right says logout or login).

Cheers.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

MBenjo

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:42 am

Hey,

So as I've mentioned before, everything goes normal for a few minutes ingame, and then I'm suddenly disconnected from the server I play on. It doesn't matter which server I connect to, I'm always disconnected AND logged out.

This is the message I get when I'm disconnected and logged out <Wanted to put a screen here, but the forum won't let me post anything with an URL as I'm "a new user".>:

"Connection to the game server has been lost. Please check your network connection and try again."

After this, if I try to login, either I get a message saying "The connection to the NexusBF master server was lost." with a Retry and a Cancel button, or I can go through the login screen, select a soldier, but after selecting a soldier the game is stuck at the "Updating player stats..." message with a loading reticule forever. If I restart the game and try logging in that way, it instantly lets me in and connect to a server. Then the circle starts again. :(

EDIT:
By the way, I'm sure I don't have an internet service problem, as that would affect all my online activity.

Also, I usually join - as you mentioned - popular servers with multiple hosted games, and :!: when I'm disconnected and relog, the server doesn't seem to be affected (similar number of players playing, match stats are the same).

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Hmm, it seems like you're timing out of Plasma for whatever reason but Theater tries keeping your connection active, therefore not allowing you to reconnect (the reason you see updating stats forever).

Whenever I get a chance I'll look into it.

Thanks for you feedback.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

MBenjo

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks for your time and help, I'll keep an eye on this topic in case you find out anything about this problem. :)

geolim4

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello Nofate, i've also a similar problem, but i've a very good internet bandwitch: more than 30mpbs
And sometimes the Master Server Connection is lost:

Code: Select all

[UTC 04/09/2013 15:32:33.920] Engine/Game/Server/Backend/Plasma/ServerBackend.cpp(2017): "Main": Warning: ServerBackend::OnConnectionLost(-205)
[UTC 04/09/2013 15:32:33.920] Engine/Game/Server/Backend/Plasma/ServerBackend.cpp(1789): "Main": Info: ServerBackend::disconnect() called
[UTC 04/09/2013 15:32:33.920] Engine/Game/Server/Backend/Plasma/ServerBackend.cpp(1814): "Main": Info: ServerBackend::onDisconnect() called
[UTC 04/09/2013 15:32:33.920] Engine/Game/Server/Backend/Plasma/ServerBackend.cpp(1815): "Main": Info: Server is disconnected from Plasma backend
[UTC 04/09/2013 15:32:33.921] Engine/Game/Server/Backend/Plasma/ServerSocketManager.cpp(296): "Main": Info: ServerSocketManager::dropPlayers() - Dropping all players

Many times per day :shock:
The best thing god's made is NoFate...
My phpBB's Website: Geolim4.com

greeen

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:45 pm

NoFaTe wrote:Hmm, it seems like you're timing out of Plasma for whatever reason but Theater tries keeping your connection active, therefore not allowing you to reconnect (the reason you see updating stats forever).

Whenever I get a chance I'll look into it.

Thanks for you feedback.

Do you read what they write to you people? You read the forum! Instability began with the month of March and is still going on! Many people can not enter the game, many people can not join a server, many kicks from servers, many can not get access to their account. Very many problems! You write that you are all well! It became ridiculous.
It is your right, but do not ask when we write about our problems - you do not read it!

geolim4

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah i confirm
There also a problem when you rankup 50: you are kicked from many server: I'm kicked from my own server due to connection lost, i know it's hard to debug, i'm not like greeen, i just wanna you know there many problem no more :)
The best thing god's made is NoFate...
My phpBB's Website: Geolim4.com

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm

greeen wrote:Do you read what they write to you people? You read the forum! Instability began with the month of March and is still going on! Many people can not enter the game, many people can not join a server, many kicks from servers, many can not get access to their account. Very many problems! You write that you are all well! It became ridiculous.
It is your right, but do not ask when we write about our problems - you do not read it!

I am not savvy with the underlying technology, but the big majority of all players can play just fine. You know, only 2% of all members ever visit the forums. Those are mostly the ones who have problems. The rest can just play fine...

So, if someone has a problem, it's most likely that it was a user-fault or a custom problem (Provider blocking traffic etc.).
It's simply not possible for us to fix every single person's problems individually.

greeen

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
greeen wrote:Do you read what they write to you people? You read the forum! Instability began with the month of March and is still going on! Many people can not enter the game, many people can not join a server, many kicks from servers, many can not get access to their account. Very many problems! You write that you are all well! It became ridiculous.

I am not savvy with the underlying technology, but the big majority of all players can play just fine. You know, only 2% of all members ever visit the forums. Those are mostly the ones who have problems. The rest can just play fine...

So, if someone has a problem, it's most likely that it was a user-fault or a custom problem (Provider blocking traffic etc.).
It's simply not possible for us to fix every single person's problems individually.

I wrote: "This is ridiculous," And also: "You write that you are all well." Until March at all was good, but not now. Keep writing, you are all great! :D
p.s 2% ? :shock: :lol:

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”