WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
What Are Your Experiences With Badmins On Servers?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:47 pm

I have played lots of games and seen lots of badmins. To be fair, I have seen a few admins that were downright gentlemen too.
What are your experiences with badmins on BC2 servers as well as any other games?

To get the ball rolling, perhaps I should start with one of the best admins I ever dealt with in a game. The game was like a cross between CounterStrike & Quake3 with outdoor maps and cartoony graphics but with fairly realistic gun-play. To be fair, since that game had proper spectator mode it was a very different situation to BC2. The hard evidence of a video demo of each accused cheater was the basis for any ban and they were all stored on the website if anybody wanted to try and dispute it. Anyway, the last server that I played on for over a year was owned and administered by one of the nicest people that I ever met while gaming. Always even-handed, never impatient, and always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever it was possible. Playing on that server was such a positive experience for me because it was such a stark contrast to the generally petty behavior that most server owners displayed.
Last edited by Bruce Lee on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

AlexEe

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Badmins On Servers?

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm

WoW GMs are quite fair. Well, they also get paid for doing it.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

Bruce Lee

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:59 pm

AlexEe wrote:WoW GMs are quite fair. Well, they also get paid for doing it.

Fair but with a definite bias toward Blizzard, lol. (just kidding)

I guess that's probably a little different situation than the do-it-yourself server admins of BC2. I think there is probably more of a tendency toward bad behavior when there is nobody over them to kick them out the door if they act stupid. :P
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

CaptainESS

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:20 pm

I am fine with BC2 badmins but BF3/BF4 badmins. Now thats a pain in the ass. One time i got banned because i killed 20 people without dying. You play well? You are a hacker. You kill the badmin? You are hacker. You got a lucky kill such as hitting a jet with dumbfire rocket launcher? You are a hacker. If you are not a hacker you must suck at game and obey badmin.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

Bruce Lee

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 pm

I think that games without spectator mode are more likely to be plagued with badmins in my experience. Of course the BF series has never had a spectator mode until BF4, but I haven't played that one so I don't know how well it works. Although I rarely play CoD4 anymore, it is a very good example of the proper implementation of 1st person spectator/demo mode in a shooter. Identifying any of the most obvious cheats is dead easy in that game. Consequently, it forces a potential badmin to have real video proof when he accuses a player of cheating and that tends to be a pretty effective deterrent to the abuse of power.

Return to “Random Discussion”