WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
CoD:TitanClone

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnBr2nEZ4hI
Here is a convenient informational video for anybody who still clings to the Activision spin that AW isn't a Titanfall ripoff.
:P
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

CaptainESS

Re: CoD:TitanClone

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:38 am

I don't usually repost but when i do i do it right.
That good old post
People, this is not a Titanfall rip off. See,
The game's
development team began work on the title in 2011, and their Titan
concept grew from a human-sized suit into a battle tank exoskeleton. The
team sought to bring "scale, verticality, and story" to its multiplayer
genre through elements traditionally reserved for single-player
campaigns.
Pre-production began in 2011, and
Respawn's first game was originally planned for existing consoles.[33]
The idea for the game did not come easily, and the team arrived at its
multiplayer-only and human-mech focus after much internal debate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...
However, it was announced that Sledgehammer Games will not be
developing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox
360; instead, High Moon Studios will be developing the PlayStation 3
and Xbox 360 editions. It is the first game in the series to be created
in a three-year development cycle, rather than two years as in previous
Call of Duty games.
Before being switched to become
the co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Sledgehammer Games
were already working on a Call of Duty game. This game was announced
before Modern Warfare 3 and after Black Ops, however, no details were
released.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C... ... ed_Warfare
Conclusion
Both games are being developed since 2011.
Both of them had the idea of exoskeletons, Respawn used it earlier.

This is a scorestreak, they are in COD since 2012(Black Ops 2). There was a gatling gun scorestreak in BO2, this mech reminds me of that.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

Bruce Lee

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:38 am

Activision's attempts to claim that they just happened by sheer chance to come out with watered down copies of the exact same features as their most feared rival are laughable at best. Their date shuffling obfuscations don't fool anybody. Respawn had Titanfall's features firmly in production long before AW decided to magically morph into a lame Titanfall clone.

It is obvious that Activision decided to copy Zampella because they were deathly afraid that he was going to kill the extremely profitable CoD franchise with his new game. What they didn't count on was the fact that he never intended Titanfall to be a CoD-killer in the first place. (I am sure Zampella has been laughing his butt off about that one.)

The secondary genius of Zampella's strategy is that it benefits EA. Because he got Activision to chase ghosts (pun intended), EA would then be in position to scoop up the disgruntled CoD fans with Battlefield or some new game he may come out with himself.

While Activision is playing checkers, Zampella is playing chess. ;)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

CaptainESS

Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:Activision's attempts to claim that they just happened by sheer chance to come out with watered down copies of the exact same features as their most feared rival are laughable at best. Their date shuffling obfuscations don't fool anybody. Respawn had Titanfall's features firmly in production long before AW decided to magically morph into a lame Titanfall clone.

It is obvious that Activision decided to copy Zampella because they were deathly afraid that he was going to kill the extremely profitable CoD franchise with his new game. What they didn't count on was the fact that he never intended Titanfall to be a CoD-killer in the first place. (I am sure Zampella has been laughing his butt off about that one.)

The secondary genius of Zampella's strategy is that it benefits EA. Because he got Activision to chase ghosts (pun intended), EA would then be in position to scoop up the disgruntled CoD fans with Bettlefold or some new game he may come out with himself.

While Activision is playing checkers, Zampella is playing chess. ;)

Zampella's golden age is over, just like the other half of IW. If COD dies BF will be the next game to get ruined by overmilking. And i want to remind you that Titanfall had many of COD's mechanics, perks for example. Or having to ads to hit anything further than 10 meters. Or aiming fast with red dot sight and slow with acog or scope, the reason of infamous quick draw and quickscopers. Or limited running. Or dying in 2-3 seconds. Games take things from each other. This is not stealing if they didn't make it exactly the same. Therefore many games feature ads, boostjumps, autoheal etc.

Bruce Lee

Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:31 pm

CaptainESS wrote:Zampella's golden age is over, just like the other half of IW. If COD dies BF will be the next game to get ruined by overmilking. And i want to remind you that Titanfall had many of COD's mechanics, perks for example. Or having to ads to hit anything further than 10 meters. Or aiming fast with red dot sight and slow with acog or scope, the reason of infamous quick draw and quickscopers. Or limited running. Or dying in 2-3 seconds. Games take things from each other. This is not stealing if they didn't make it exactly the same. Therefore many games feature ads, boostjumps, autoheal etc.

You seem to be confused? :?
Zampella created CoD. Everything to do with CoD is something he created. All Activision did was fire him when MW2 was a smash hit and then hand the stolen game to other devs so they could repackage & resell it over & over again, year after year.

The funniest thing about the whole AW fiasco is that Activision is still stealing from Zampella and he doesn't even work for them anymore. :P

CaptainESS

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:
CaptainESS wrote:Zampella's golden age is over, just like the other half of IW. If COD dies BF will be the next game to get ruined by overmilking. And i want to remind you that Titanfall had many of COD's mechanics, perks for example. Or having to ads to hit anything further than 10 meters. Or aiming fast with red dot sight and slow with acog or scope, the reason of infamous quick draw and quickscopers. Or limited running. Or dying in 2-3 seconds. Games take things from each other. This is not stealing if they didn't make it exactly the same. Therefore many games feature ads, boostjumps, autoheal etc.

You seem to be confused? :?
Zampella created CoD. Everything to do with CoD is something he created. All Activision did was fire him when MW2 was a smash hit and then hand the stolen game to other devs so they could repackage & resell it over & over again, year after year.

The funniest thing about the whole AW fiasco is that Activision is still stealing from Zampella and he doesn't even work for them anymore. :P

I am not confused, not a little bit. Activision fired him because he needed more time than 2 years to make a good game. Activision wanted a yearly release. He used to make legendary games such as COD2, MW, MW2 but since 2009 he never returned to his old glory. Both COD and Zampella are losing in this fight.

Bruce Lee

Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Wow, you seem to have a pretty big axe to grind here. (Bobby Kotick? Is that you?) :P

I never saw somebody who wasn't on the Activision payroll be such an apologist for their shabby behavior. (Anybody who wants to know the actual facts of the situation can read about the lawsuit that Zampella & West won against Activision.) It seems that every time I try to address your points directly you proceed to change the subject but all of this is beside the main point though isn't it?
Namely, that the stolen CoD franchise is in decline and Activision is willing to do anything to save it including plagiarizing Zampella's new game.

CaptainESS wrote:...Both COD and Zampella are losing in this fight.

Actually, Zampella has come out smelling like a rose since he has EA backing him & a newly established studio which he totally controls.

CaptainESS

Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:37 am

Capitalism in a nutshell, you employer owns your ideas, not you. Is it fair? No. Is it true? Yes. And Call of Duty is Call of Duty man, people try so hard to bash this game. There have been many games with power suits, mechs, future setting, boost jumping and cloaking. People are like "COD is a Titanfall, Crysis, Halo, Quake, Mass Effect etc. ripoff." but try to see both sides. They are all first person shooters, something must be common.
And about Vince Zampella, i hope he comes up with a new COD4.
BTW i can't force you to like a game, so this is my last post under this thread. Anyway 2 games is always better than 1. Why not play both Titanfall and Call of Duty?

Bruce Lee

Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:23 pm

CaptainESS wrote:Capitalism in a nutshell, you employer owns your ideas, not you. Is it fair? No. Is it true? Yes.

Actually, the ownership of intellectual property is determined by contract, state, & federal laws and not by "capitalism".
(As I said before, anybody who wants to know the details of the agreement that the CoD creators had with Activision can read about the Zampella & West vs. Activision lawsuit.)

The main reason I have repeatedly emphasized that CoD was stolen is to make the motive for Activision's actions very clear.
Activision can't replace CoD, they can only reskin it and hope that their customers don't notice they are actually buying the same game over & over. However, Activision is well aware that the CoD franchise is now in decline and their blatant plagiarism of Zampella is a desperate attempt to prevent its total collapse.

CaptainESS wrote:Why not play both Titanfall and Call of Duty?

Companies like Activision will keep doing the same practices as long as they keep getting away with it.
As long as its profitable why would they ever stop?
If you keep buying the same crap, then the same crap is all you will ever get. ;)

Return to “Random Discussion”