WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
aXeSwY
Required some help

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Every time I switch to windows 8.1 I get a weird problem i get connection timed out to the router (wifi only) I did test that more then a single adapter I did test the router with different PC the only thing am sure about it's related to windows 8.1 cause with windows 7 works fine , any help cause this driving me crazy in online gaming

So if you had a problem like this and you fix it please tell me how ?

Things I already did :

Code: Select all

-Disable wifi power saving mode
-Upgrade / downgrade driver
-Update windows
-Firewall turned off
-WPA Encryption was changed
-Channel changed
-54g™ Mode changed

And even if you have a wild guess hit me

mouz

Re: Required some help

Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Your ping in cmd should always be <1ms to the wifi router unless maybe you're using a wifi repeater or something similar. That being said I assume it is <1ms when you run win 7.

This article itself is a bit old but i found it useful from time to time. Especially read the part about DCA. Try changing some other settings there as well if you wish. You might get lucky!

Another thing that you could try out is to boot in safe mode with network and to do the cmd test. If it returns <1ms then boot normally and run 'msconfig' and select the default startup settings, then go to the task manager and disable all startup programs and restart. Try the cmd test again and if it's good start adding back programs until you find the one that causes the problem. Good luck!

Return to “Random Discussion”