WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
CaptainESS
Is single player campaign unnecessary?

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Just asking your opinions.

May answer is "HELL NO!!!!!". Multiplayer is fun but what makes a game legendary is single player campaign. Well, except Bettlefold :D

BTW you know dumb people always make me angry and i come here to relax :D
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

mizudg

Re: Is single player campaign unnecessary?

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 pm

"May" answer is Depends. If the game is found around it's great campaign (Call of Duty) and the Multiplayer caught everyone's attention as the main attraction later on, then the game should still provide a good campaign for hardcore players. Other games like Battlefield however really don't benefit from having a campaign. In fact, it costs them more money to make it. And since it's going to be 1, at most 2 playthroughs after a couple of years, it's really not worth putting all the technology and money into making it. Bad Company on the other side benefits exactly because of its campaign story, but sadly the screwed it up for BC2. It's a Yes and No at the same time. Based on the game, or more like the franchise, the story could or could not matter but Multiplayer shouldn't always be a key selling point.

aXeSwY

Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:11 am

Good games without campaign :

> Blacklight retribution
> World Of Tanks
> PLANETSIDE 2
> HAWKEN
> Titanfall

It's maybe just me since I only love MP FPS games I do think SP may is unnecessary yet some game have camping which happen to be breathtaking like Call of Duty , GTA , NFSMW 2005

mizudg

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:58 am

aXeSwY wrote:Good games without campaign :

> Blacklight retribution
> World Of Tanks
> PLANETSIDE 2
> HAWKEN
> Titanfall

It's maybe just me since I only love MP FPS games I do think SP may is unnecessary yet some game have camping which happen to be breathtaking like Call of Duty , GTA , NFSMW 2005

PS2 is mostly a grind. What saves it is its massive continents and teamplay. Hawken once again, just a F2P grind. Titanfall turned out to be more of a disappointment. I only played about 2 weeks after release and forgot I had the game. For the others I can't tell but surely, you missed BATTLEFIELD 2 which is one of the best examples of a game that doesn't need Singleplayer story. Also camping =/= campaign. Just saying..

knave

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:39 am

call of duty has campaign..that automatically means that battlefield also 'must' have campaign

aXeSwY

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:10 pm

mizudg wrote:Also camping =/= campaign. Just saying..

Dat Typo Tho :oops:

Kerrigan

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 am

knave wrote:call of duty has campaign..that automatically means that Bettlefold also 'must' have campaign

Because BF gets more and more cod-ish or just because they keep competing against the yearly CoD ?
Hello BF4, hello Hardline. Not a yearly release ? They lied again.

And why keeping to compete against CoD ? I thought they can't be measured against each other because they're sooooooo different games.

Bullshit.

CaptainESS

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:39 am

Kerrigan wrote:
knave wrote:call of duty has campaign..that automatically means that Bettlefold also 'must' have campaign

Because BF gets more and more cod-ish or just because they keep competing against the yearly CoD ?

And why keeping to compete against CoD ? I thought they can't be measured against each other because they're sooooooo different games.

Bullshit.

They used to be sooooooo different games. And now...
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

MindFreak1987

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Mainly because of it's campaign some games got the status of legendary games.
Moje je srce hotel Nacional, u njemu soba, nema im broja, za svaku moju ljubav po jedna, a do te svake po jedna tvoja.

knave

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Kerrigan wrote:

Bullshit.

thats exactly i was saying
EA logic

MindFreak1987 wrote:Mainly because of it's campaign some games got the status of legendary games.

halo?

Return to “Random Discussion”