WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Viriato
Battlefield improvement idea

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi,

Why not leave some dead bodies on ground with some blood around instead of puff! it's gone ?!

This will be more pleasant for the eyes and give more true BF sensations :)

like, look so many dead corps....pretty big figth there, open your eyes! This will affect the gameplay and strategy.

Don't you forget to hide in the middle of corps...

See you in Battlefield...

mizudg

Re: Bettlefold improvement idea

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:53 pm

This will be more pleasant for the eyes

:?

You do realize that disappearing bodies is there for a reason, right? If you see blood and bodies in the first place, stacks of them doesn't really change the perspective or tone of the game to that extent. It's war, it's bound to be massive amounts of dead people. But if you have a server with 1000 tickets per team for example, imagine ~1500-2000 bodies on the ground. First of all, this is going to kill some people's computers. Second, it will look plain out bad since the tone of BF3 is more vibrant and brighter than that of other more serious shooters that tend to leave bodies on the floor, so this will only make it look worse, rather than better it.

Viriato

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 pm

I tought it was because the minimum of age is required to play BF.

I just want more fun and graphic realism. I'm not comparing Arcade and Realist FPS.

..."1500-2500" corps, lol, 10% maybe + random functions...

They need to balance everything (the amount of blood for example).

blueman24

Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Viriato wrote:I tought it was because the minimum of age is required to play BF.

Then, instead of rating it "M" for mature, which requires you to be around 17, it will be rated "D", for dead, which will require you to be dead :twisted:

Freeshnik

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 am

No prob, u can change server files for corps "live time", default = 15 sec..

Bruce Lee

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 am

Like Mizu said, the main reason that games make the corpses disappear is to lighten the load on the cpu & gpu.
If corpses stayed the whole match there would be stacks of them laying everywhere by the end of game.
I get stuck on objects all the time already, I can only imagine how bad it would be if I was trying to wade through tons of bodies.

Besides, I think if you saw your own dead body it would be freaky.
:mrgreen:
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

weavii

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Have not played bf3 for too long; are the bodies 100% ragdoll until they despawn, are they animated and remain static after the death or is it a mix?
Also imo glitchy ragdolls bodies flying around are too funny to add to realism and tension ^^

Return to “Random Discussion”