WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
blueman24
The Off-topic thread.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:12 am

So, after many of us repeatedly going offtopic and hijacking other threads, I saw the need for this thread.

From now on, If mods see any off topic in any thread, then they may just move it here if the discussion is worth it or else they may delete it as usual.
Also, if you find anything interesting/random content on the internet then you may post it here.

So, the next time any mod kick you from a thread for being offtopic, just board for The offtopic train and come here :D

I sincerely hope that this thread does not turn out to be a flop and we get proper feedback from mods.

To start off, here is something I found through another forum: If links go purple
Happy offtopicing! (I know that didn't make a lot of sense)
Last edited by blueman24 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mizudg

Re: The Off-topic thread.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 am

You do realize that if multiple off-topic threads get bunched up under one thread, it will be rather seemless and impossible to keep track of who is talking about what with topics intercepting eachother. That is why every time there's usually a lot of off-topic, it gets moved into a separate thread under a similar name as the original to keep the ones that were part of it on-track and to continue the other discussion. Imagine 10 off-topic threads being moved to this one today. How would anyone know what to discuss?

P.S. - I didn't kick anyone but when I ask a question and I get 10 replies about something completely different, it's rather obvious the thread has another meaning.

blueman24

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:29 am

mizudg wrote:You do realize that if multiple off-topic threads get bunched up under one thread, it will be rather seemless and impossible to keep track of who is talking about what with topics intercepting eachother. That is why every time there's usually a lot of off-topic, it gets moved into a separate thread under a similar name as the original to keep the ones that were part of it on-track and to continue the other discussion. Imagine 10 off-topic threads being moved to this one today. How would anyone know what to discuss?

Many times, instead of creating a new thread, the offtopic posts are just deleted. And although if the posts were bs, then its ok but many times good/useful posts get deleted due to being offtopic. So instead of doing that, it will be better to move them here :)

mizudg wrote:P.S. - I didn't kick anyone but when I ask a question and I get 10 replies about something completely different, it's rather obvious the thread has another meaning.

lol I was talking casually don't take that seroiusly. (If you want, I may delete it? )
And lets see how this thread turns out. Only time will tell.
Last edited by blueman24 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueman24

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 am

Btw, there is a Battlefield:Hardline giveaway here:BF:H Giveaway Enter for a chance to win a Digital deluxe edition of Battlefield:Hardline

zesty

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:20 am

Come on, buy your own copy, I'm not going to trust any giveaway sites >.>

Bruce Lee

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:36 pm

blueman24 wrote:Btw, there is a Bettlefold:Hardline giveaway here:BF:H Giveaway Enter for a chance to win a Digital deluxe edition of Bettlefold:Hardline

EA may have to give it away because I don't think any BF fans will buy this cops & robbers crap. :P
(I bet $50.00 it fails worse than MoH:WartBiter, lol.)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

RobbingHood

Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:30 pm

Giveaway looks odd to me, the provider they use for the subscription advertises with collecting e-mails. :|

Also merging all off-topic here leads to chaos, as Mizu mentioned. I ususally just split the off-topic to a seperate thread when it's somewhat useful.

@Mizu
Why not use the Report button instead of posting the ref-link again? :roll:

@blueman24
Usually, such requests belong to the Administration Outpost ;)

blueman24

Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:55 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Also merging all off-topic here leads to chaos, as Mizu mentioned. I ususally just split the off-topic to a seperate thread when it's somewhat useful.

Come on man, the no. of threads made here everyday is not something mind boggling that posts from 10 threads are merged in 1 day. Anyways, you may only move posts from topics that are not worth a new thread and are also not bulls*it enough to be deleted. Or at least we will just keep posting here, something new and random that we find on the Internet :)

RobbingHood wrote:@Mizu
Why not use the Report button instead of posting the ref-link again? :roll:

Is it against forum rules to post ref links? If so, then you may delete the link and give me a warning (not really)

zesty wrote:Come on, buy your own copy, I'm not going to trust any giveaway sites >.>

M8 u wil cry wen I wil come here with a golden post stating how I got my first free game, in a giveaway.

RobbingHood wrote:Giveaway looks odd to me, the provider they use for the subscription advertises with collecting e-mails. :|

I gave them my primary e-mail address :(
Last edited by blueman24 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yochan

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:19 pm

you can't get popular here with these 'off-topic' threads,for that gotta become a dev like kiwi or start messing with kerrigan/robbinghood/both and always be superfriendly to magic and mizudg .nuff said

death_stalker_ak47

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm

blueman24 wrote:I gave them my primary e-mail address :(

Prepare to have your inbox raped with useless spam.
WARNING

Return to “Random Discussion”