WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
CaptainESS
Some console fanboys are so strange

Tue May 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Majority of PS4 fanboys i see on the net think 30 fps is better than 60 fps because 30 fps is more cinematic and 60 fps is unrealistic. Should i waste my time to educate them?
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

Bruce Lee

Re: Some console fanboys are so strange

Tue May 27, 2014 7:29 pm

I don't have a PS4 but I have read that BF4 is supposed to be 60fps @ 1600x900. (Maybe you meant the PS3?)
Even though comparing a PS4 to a PC is like comparing an angry housecat to an 800lb Bengal tiger, it is a lot better than last gen.

Actually, I was seriously thinking about buying a PS4 until Sony got greedy and required a monthly fee like crappy M$. :roll:
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

mizudg

Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:I don't have a PS4 but I have read that BF4 is supposed to be 60fps @ 1600x900. (Maybe you meant the PS3?)
Even though comparing a PS4 to a PC is like comparing an angry housecat to an 800lb Bengal tiger, it is a lot better than last gen.

Actually, I was seriously thinking about buying a PS4 until Sony got greedy and required a monthly fee like crappy M$. :roll:

It's only fair when they're providing a cheaper console which is an alternative to most people's weaker PCs by today's standards. And if you're going to pay $399, what's another $60 yearly ? That's like $5 a month...

Bruce Lee

Tue May 27, 2014 8:59 pm

mizudg wrote:if you're going to pay $399, what's another $60 yearly ? That's like $5 a month...

Compared to the PS3 which had no fee at all, tacking on a monthly rental fee like M$ is pure price gouging.
Besides, once they desensitize people to paying a rental fee, it won't be long before they are "forced" to raise the rate to cover "unforeseen business expenses" (i.e. translation: take more money from the suckers). ;)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

aXeSwY

Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Yeah 30 fps is better so does having sex with a tree , stupid peoples will never understand

blueman24

Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 am

Bruce Lee wrote:800lb Bengal tiger

They are on the verge of extinction

Bruce Lee wrote:Angry housecat

Soo many of them!

Anyways, Even i don't like that monthly fee. M$ teaches such shit to sony.
mizudg wrote:It's only fair when they're providing a cheaper console which is an alternative to most people's weaker PCs by today's standards. And if you're going to pay $399, what's another $60 yearly ? That's like $5 a month...

My $500 pc does the same. BF4 1600x900 @ 60 fps and that too with (probably) higher gfx setting than ps4. And it does not need any subscription fee + It does so many other, different things that ps4 does not do. Its not alternative to "weaker pc"
And sorry. Not trying to start a pc vs console But...this was necessary -http://imgur.com/2OOYc74 It says the truth.

YodaBat

Thu May 29, 2014 9:37 am

While 60 FPS are better, they only are if everyone playing can maintain them. this is why some PC titles need a fps cap. If you have 160 fps and your enemy has 24, you are in a clear, unfair advantage. Consoles make up for their lower general capabilities by capping it and giving the same experience to everyone. And to be honest, It looks better than a low end PC.

Freeshnik

Thu May 29, 2014 12:36 pm

CaptainESS wrote:Majority of PS4 fanboys i see on the net think 30 fps is better than 60 fps because 30 fps is more cinematic and 60 fps is unrealistic. Should i waste my time to educate them?

All those ppl should run Counter-Strike -> open console -> type "fps_max 30" -> try to kill sh1t -> then type in console "fps_max 60" -> try to kill enemies and realise what they talking about. In the end "fps_max 100" for the win :)

Bruce Lee

Sat May 31, 2014 4:53 am

The main reason that console gamers never complained about the 30fps cap is because of controller input lag.
The thumbsticks have a huge deadzone and the player moves like a tank turret.
Of course the most pathetic thing is the mandatory "aim-assist" that console gamers need or they can't hit anything.
They think they are pros but in reality the game is actually playing itself, lol.
Imagine a console gamer playing CS against a Keyboard+Mouse player.
They would get totally skunked, 0/1000. :D

Return to “Random Discussion”