WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
aXeSwY
Re: Dedicated To Any Turks Out Here

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan , that man is a legend

He can proudly sing "started from the bottom now we here"

CaptainESS

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:09 am

I don't know about others but he is a real hero to me, for real. Freedom can be sacrificed for greater good. Besides Turkey has much more freedom now compared to 80s and 90s.

And also insulting one of the greatest leaders in Turkish history doesn't make you a better person. No one has the right to call another person c**t.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:56 pm

CaptainESS wrote:I don't know about others but he is a real hero to me, for real. Freedom can be sacrificed for greater good. Besides Turkey has much more freedom now compared to 80s and 90s.

Hm, I'm not too much into global politics, but isn't he the guy who just does his best to prevent Turkey from joining the EU?
And from what I know he's responsible for the government blocking YT/Twitter because free speech could endanger the corrupt authorities.

And why would you have to sacrifice freedom for a "greater good"? Once Turkey gets rid of it's corruption (what will probably not happen anytime soon) and possibly even joins the EU, things could turn out pretty well quickly.

aXeSwY

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Well RobbingHood if you just know what massive media want you to know , be sure you know the wrong thing

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:45 pm

AXESWY wrote:Well RobbingHood if you just know what massive media want you to know , be sure you know the wrong thing

As I said, I'm not into politics. Yet, it's a fact that this guy blocked YT/Twitter, not something that media claims, isn't it? And I guess it's also not only a rumor that he said "This thing called social media is currently the worst menace to society" after some video tapes of him got leaked.

I might be wrong on this as I can just repeat what I've heard elsewhere, yet this does not look like a hoax to me.

CaptainESS

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:46 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
CaptainESS wrote:I don't know about others but he is a real hero to me, for real. Freedom can be sacrificed for greater good. Besides Turkey has much more freedom now compared to 80s and 90s.

Hm, I'm not too much into global politics, but isn't he the guy who just does his best to prevent Turkey from joining the EU?
And from what I know he's responsible for the government blocking YT/Twitter because free speech could endanger the corrupt authorities.

And why would you have to sacrifice freedom for a "greater good"? Once Turkey gets rid of it's corruption (what will probably not happen anytime soon) and possibly even joins the EU, things could turn out pretty well quickly.

Don't take it offensive but EU doesn't want us. EU leaved us alone when we needed them most and now we are strong enough to hold on our own. So why would we join EU?

And about YT/Twitter, those people are trying to start a civil war in our country like they did in Libya, Syria and Egypt. Since authorities are giving no f*ck about it, all we can do is blocking them. (and blocking doesn't even work :D)

Edit: Axeswy, btw you are a really nice person brother.

Kerrigan

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Arszilla wrote:EU Doesnt want us due to:
We may outpower germany in less than 5 years
We are a muslim country in a fully christian region
We want to keep our own money and laws ans sh*t

1. Nope, sorry. Germany remains the strongest economic country in the EU even with Turkey in it.
2. Who cares ? Keep the politics seperated from religion and we're fine.
3. Yes because your laws are worth to be rethought. Fine then you could give the money to help the EU getting their shit into a decent order.

The Turkey wants to join the EU because of it's advantages but is too arrogant to take responsibility for the European Union.
That's what it says. An UNION with its ad- and disadvantages.

That's why I'M not for an EU with Turkey in it!

Period.

mizudg

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Kerrigan hater...

CaptainESS

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Arszilla wrote:Lets get this straight

Recep Tayyip Erdogan has seized over 400 million USD ILLEGALLY via corruption. So as his son, daughter and wife plus his cabinet

He cheats in any election

He blocked twitter becuase his phone conversations regarding of him doing corruption was there all the time, then he blocked youtube for the same reason

Does this sound DEMOCRATIC?

Murica, gimme freedom plz

Dolan pls

EU Doesnt want us due to:
We may outpower germany in less than 5 years
We are a muslim country in a fully christian region
We want to keep our own money and laws ans sh*t

After March 30 (local elections) everything about corruption just disappeared magically. This really makes me think about was he really corrupt or did some poeple tried to blame him. You know, whenever some people want to start a revolt or a civil war they start from blaming leader with corruption.

Now lets talk about cheating. In first years of Turkey there was only one party, Republican People's Party. No one could disagree with them until Democrat Party. The first thing Republican People's Party did was cheating (Turkish general election, 1946). There is no real evidence but i think Democrat Party was cheating too, even if they didn't they had a strong Murican aid, thats enough. Even in USA there is no real election. Just 2 parties. The president is predetermined by some authorities, people think they choose their own president but they don't. It happens like that in whole world. What a strong leader must do is breaking his chains and staying on top with his own strength. And we call those people dictators (Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi etc.). What i am trying to say is it is like that in whole world. Cheating is not good but if you find a leader who can stay on top without cheating i will support him.

What does "Murica, gimme freedom plz" even means? I hope you are trolling but one must earn his own freedom by himself, no one will give him freedom for free, especially Murica.

And about EU, i agree with Kerrigan about two things, 1st neither of us want Turkey to join EU and 2nd we are strong but not strong enough to rival Germany. I agree with other two. I won't push this hard, since he shares his name with Queen of Blades it is not a good idea to make him angry :D
I can already see 200 zerglins coming here!

mizudg

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Since when did this post in Random Discussions turn into serious political views on other countries about Turkey joining the EU :?

Return to “Random Discussion”