WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: Progress Report - RCON

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 am

Professor.Oak wrote:It would be nice if the player limit was set to a max of 32 or 48. 64 is just one clusterfuck.

It's like you're going to play Battlefield 3 for the first time... You can always set the player limit to 16/24/32/48/64. It's up to you if you don't like big servers.

Professor.Oak

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:22 am

neverhangover wrote:I've been thinking about how DICE should've kept players motivated after they've unlocked every weapon, every camo and every gear.

Weapon camos.

It sounds stupid I know, but how hard is it to work a texture to a template? They could've added countless amounts of 'em. (like 25 per weapon)

They would be awarded after heavy work, so they would essentially be assignments even for the base game.
File sizes could be bearable. (especially if we could be allowed to delete single player -not co-op - files, as they hog space for nothing essentially.)

More important, tactical ones could be unlocked first, (like the M416's Woodland camo) then there could be some really about customization and looks, like a metal black skin for weapons that are sort-of yellowish by default. (M-Tar,SCAR-H)

NoFate, can we haz?

Sir, you don't have to force your ideas unto us. Camos sound boring and I can only see a noob to the game being excited about some texture with a pattern on it. As for me being new to the game? Here is my gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K0PDL5QTqs

Kerrigan

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:26 am

@ neverhangover @Professor.Oak

Would you both cut the shit off please ?

We can dispatch some warnings for missing the adequate kind of behaviour between the forum users if you both want us to.

Your suggestions are all subjective and this is not the place to argue about it!

mizudg

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:47 am

Professor.Oak wrote:Fine. How about proper limitations? To be able to rank your server, TDM maps can have a max of 16p, SQDM a max of 24, Conquest a max of 32, Rush also with a max of 32 (BFBC2 formula) and Conquest Large/Assault anything from 32-64. Everything above that is unranked. I think this kind of system would work great. Less clusterfucking and more casual teamplay games. Everything gets else put in unranked and/or "modded".

That's kind of negating the whole point of VENICE... I mean, the idea is to 'freely host your own server as you see fit' and the things you are proposing is putting restrictions on ranking. Besides, I don't think it needs to be that complex. People who want to play 64-man Metro, do so... there will be plenty of servers to choose from since it will be the better BF3 and people will come swarming in from the main game.

Kerrigan

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:04 am

mizudg wrote:it will be the better BF3 and people will come swarming in from the main game

This.

Maybe more people would be willing to buy their games how they are released when EA would allow people to mod the games OFFICIALLY.

Since VU is an unofficial modification but still tolerated by EA/DICE we're actually in a grey zone. When EA would give modders green light people would like EA much more. Me included. Their non-tolerance policy is arrogant, childish and makes people hate them. And i can understand those people very well!

med1

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:23 pm

Will there be assignments?

utopiate

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:24 pm

med1 wrote:Will there be assignments?

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:42 pm

utopiate wrote:
med1 wrote:Will there be assignments?

That's a geniune question.

To answer it: most likely, but there is no website to look at your progress in the beginning.
There used to be a signature here.

neverhangover

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 am

Professor.Oak wrote:
neverhangover wrote:I've been thinking about how DICE should've kept players motivated after they've unlocked every weapon, every camo and every gear.

Weapon camos.

It sounds stupid I know, but how hard is it to work a texture to a template? They could've added countless amounts of 'em. (like 25 per weapon)

They would be awarded after heavy work, so they would essentially be assignments even for the base game.
File sizes could be bearable. (especially if we could be allowed to delete single player -not co-op - files, as they hog space for nothing essentially.)

More important, tactical ones could be unlocked first, (like the M416's Woodland camo) then there could be some really about customization and looks, like a metal black skin for weapons that are sort-of yellowish by default. (M-Tar,SCAR-H)

NoFate, can we haz?

Sir, you don't have to force your ideas unto us. Camos sound boring and I can only see a noob to the game being excited about some texture with a pattern on it. As for me being new to the game? Here is my gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K0PDL5QTqs

Sir, I'm not the one propagating client and server side player count restrictions. I was the one talking about possibilities and I encouraged you to go ahead and materialize your idea and see how the community reacts.

You misunderstood my thoughts. I did not refer to you as a 'new player', I said SUPPORTERS of your particular idea might be newcomers, who are having trouble engaging multiple enemies. I came to this conclusion by having a friend with whom I once played 64 player CQ large on Armored shield, and after failing miserably multiple times, he ragequit, threw his keyboard and demanded a lower player count server. He is a 24 player noshahr canals TDM Cod-styler, like 10 000 others who in my opinion shouldn't have bought BF3 in the first place.

btw, I just bumped into you like an hour ago on "HT:HOSTILE TAKEOVER 5 *NOOBS ONLY* *TDM MAPS* *" 52 player server, playing TDM on CQC maps. Prufessor_Oak.

In reaction to your 'point' I do believe I'm not a noob, even if I'd be in love with weapon textures. (which I'm not, I just think gameplay flaws could be compensated for with some extra customizing options) I'm Colonel LVL25, I play Rush,Conquest large,TDM,gun master, my preferred gamemode is Hardcore, (as it is much more realistic and kills mean much lower ammo count) and I always finish in top 5.

and I didn't bash your idea, I was having a polite, valid point, please engage me alike. ;)

neverhangover

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:28 am

Kerrigan wrote:@ neverhangover @Professor.Oak

Would you both cut the shit off please ?

We can dispatch some warnings for missing the adequate kind of behaviour between the forum users if you both want us to.

Your suggestions are all subjective and this is not the place to argue about it!

I was contributing to the forum as NoFate asked us. Read around for my ideas.
I react, I admit. That's my fault. But I am not an agressor here. :roll:

Return to “Random Discussion”