WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
RobbingHood
Re: Progress Report - RCON

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:36 pm

@Professor.Oak
We will definitely not enforce player limits on server, as Venice is about being better and less restricted than the original game, not the opposite.

@neverhangover
I have no idea if custom camos will be available, but the idea does sounds nice.

@both
New ideas are fine, and you are free to state your opinion on others' ideas, but please do so in a polite manner.
Insulting etc. will lead to a warning.

Muntaqim_313

-

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:48 pm

-
Last edited by Muntaqim_313 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

med1

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Muntaqim_313 wrote:NoFaTe is leaving us hanging. I'm starting to believe I'll have to play this mod as a ghost.

You are kidding right? I think it will be released next year.

mizudg

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Muntaqim_313 wrote:NoFaTe is leaving us hanging. I'm starting to believe I'll have to play this mod as a ghost.

People whining about progress delays don't realize this, but, I'll let you in on a lil' secret: Telling people they're taking their time =/= getting it sooner.

Muntaqim_313

-

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:20 pm

-
Last edited by Muntaqim_313 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobbingHood

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 pm

I deleted the off-topic part here just yesterday.
Whoever feels like starting it again will get a warning.

neverhangover

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:58 pm

So what commands are available, and what is to come ?

(Now that it's not all off-topic, I'd like to think that the lack of information and (or about the-) delay means sudden good news, like the start of closed beta, or even release, but I am 150% sure that's not the case. THIS BLUE TINT BURNS MY F*CKING EYES, and I don't want perma-ban.)

Perhaps NoFate could release a locked-down client (like a demo client) with every other option turned off but server browsing and joining, and host at least 1, just 1 server without Color grading. Let it be the most awful game mode, Squad rush, or tank superiority, but ffs ... :cry:

Warning received. :roll:

mizudg

Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:07 pm

neverhangover wrote:
Perhaps NoFate could release a locked-down client (like a demo client) with every other option turned off but server browsing and joining, and host at least 1, just 1 server without Color grading. Let it be the most awful game mode, Squad rush, or tank superiority, but ffs ... :cry:

Warning received. :roll:

Yeah, you're pretty much describing the Closed Beta... If you thought you were gonna have mod support and all that from day -500, then you're wrong. The closed beta is going to be a stress test, so mod tools won't be required. Once the Stress test has been calibrated and the servers tuned, Open beta will be yet another test.

This Steam Early Access thing really changed the meaning of "Early access", didn't it?

Professor.Oak

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Where is Modding Part 2 blog post? Must we wait till Battlefail 5 drops?

mizudg

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:Where is Modding Part 2 blog post? Must we wait till Battlefail 5 drops?

I don't see what the big deal is.. why are you always so mean-spirited? If you are impatient about the speed or news of this project, find a hobby or something. Both NF and Kiwidog have a lot of work to do before commenting on Modding part 2.. especially Kiwidog.

Return to “Random Discussion”