WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
ChuckN
BFBC2 Official Servers Are Nearly Empty

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:31 am

Note: Please understand that this is just my own speculation and NOT an official announcement. ;)

The official BFBC2 servers appeared to be almost empty when I checked Gametracker on Oct.27, 2015.
I wouldn't be surprised if EA/DICE shuts down the official servers soon since the player population is as bad or worse than BF2 was when it was terminated.
Attachments
BFBC2_Servers_Gametracker-Oct-27-2015.png
BFBC2 Official Servers List Gametracker Oct.27, 2015
BFBC2_Servers_Gametracker-Oct-27-2015.png (233.17KiB)Viewed 22180 times

Freeshnik

Re: BFBC2 Official Servers Are Nearly Empty

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:09 am

you check online in early morning, most players from Europe, so here is evening:
BFBC2_off.jpg
BFBC2_off.jpg (330.55KiB)Viewed 22184 times

This is ONLY rush mode, don't forget about CQ and SQ Rush

ChuckN

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 am

You may be right since I haven't actually checked the BFBC2 game browser to see if it agrees with the Gametracker stats. I rarely play on the punkbuster servers anymore since there are more haxers there than on the Nexus servers. I hate to contaminate my windows install with punkbuster right now but I will see what the player population looks like later if I don't get too lazy.

Of course when EA/DICE finally does shut down their servers then the die-hard BC2 fans will be forced to look for an alternative like Nexus if they want to continue to play. :)

TacTicToe

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:42 am

You cant really go by what you see in GameTracker since it is solely an opt in site for gaming. Our server is listed in your screenshot and it is not an official server, it is a Nexus server. Only real way to see how officials are doing would be with the in game server browser.
]Image

blueman24

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Freeshnik wrote:you check online in early morning, most players from Europe, so here is evening:
BFBC2_off.jpg

Your pings are my dreams.

AlexEe

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:26 pm

You can host your own server -> better ping.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

ChuckN

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:54 pm

blueman24 wrote:
Freeshnik wrote:you check online in early morning, most players from Europe, so here is evening:
BFBC2_off.jpg

Your pings are my dreams.

AlexEe wrote:You can host your own server -> better ping.

I can definitely confirm that blueman24.
Besides low ping, there seemed to be a huge advantage of extremely low response times and nearly perfect hitreg when I hosted.
It was so easy to kill other players on my own server that I actually got bored of it pretty fast and just went back to joining other servers.

While we are on the general subject of getting better response times, you might try using a VGA cable instead of HDMI.
Although HDMI has better scaling and sharper fonts, it seems to be more laggy than VGA is on my monitor.
Of course it may be different with your monitor so you would need to compare VGA vs HDMI yourself.
(You may already be aware of the VGA vs HDMI thing but I thought I would bring it up anyway in case somebody reading this didn't already know it. :) )

blueman24

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:29 am

AlexEe wrote:You can host your own server -> better ping.

It's not just the pings. I can play fine @150ms on a german server only if I can get 150ms consistently. Jitter, packet loss, disconnection, etc you name it.The ISP is just a huge pile of shit but there's no option. Their gateways are constantly overloaded and their routing soo bad that even Apple maps perform better.
How can I expect to host a server with such bs? Also, getting players is not as easy as it is on a EU server....
I guess I should just try Nasipal's Player vs bots and have some fun?

Return to “Game Discussion”