WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Battlefront thoughts, anyone?

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 am

I expect Battlefront to be a failure as most of the features announced are just "Here is what you're NOT getting in this $60 game" and the rest seems to be an arcadey 'take' on the Battlefield formula whereas they should've just made a Battlefield game in Space. I mean, it's Battlefront, a game that was created and based upon Battlefield, and now they'll make it more like Call of Duty in terms of shooting and mechanics and a ridiculously scripted Multiplayer environment. 20v20, no Space battles, no classes, no campaign, a tacked on Co-op Survival, scripted 'power-ups' in Multiplayer. What are your thoughts on this? Will you be paying $60? $40? Heck, even $30? It seems as far fetched from the original Battlefronts as it could get and they have literally no excuse to not include all of this stuff. This game's been teased for 3 years, dammit..

Frankity

Re: Battlefront thoughts, anyone?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:10 pm

how can you say there's "no Space battles, no classes, no campaign, a tacked on Co-op Survival, scripted 'power-ups' in Multiplayer.", where did you get that info, maybe that is the most important part and they are waiting for make some special presentation in the next months, and about the $ maybe they will devalue the game and you're right the game is toooooooooo expensive atm.

mizudg

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 pm

As far as we've been given info through tweet, official blog posts and such, there will be No space battles and no Campaign. Only Multiplayer and survival. Besides, E3's passed. EA don't do any other conferences (unless DICE goes to any game cons but I doubt they'll show new features). E3's the place where the biggest unveils happen... like Half-Life 3

blueman24

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:48 am

Although I think it will be a failure (at least for me), I will wait and give it a chance. Just wait till it launches and judge yourself. :)
And I hope zesty does not pre order shit as always

Return to “Game Discussion”