WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
hijacksen
Computer cost help

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:17 pm

a friend of mine is going to buy a new computer with these specification:
motherboard Asrock z77 ex6
CPU I7 3770
GTX 660 Ti
16 GB ram Kingston
500 gb HD
450W Power supply

How much this cost aboard ?? and how powerful is this computer??
here it costs 1250$

RobbingHood

Re: Computer cost help

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Please, don't tell me he's gonna use this PC for gaming -.-

If I add a DVD-drive, a CPU cooler, a case and windows 7, the system i configured is about 1066€ = 1440$

If the PC is intended for gaming, the i7 is pretty useless, just like the 16GB RAM. Go for an i5 3570k, a Z77 Pro 3, 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD. You also might want to add a Samsung 840 SSD.

aXeSwY

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:54 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Please, don't tell me he's gonna use this PC for gaming -.-

If I add a DVD-drive, a CPU cooler, a case and windows 7, the system i configured is about 1066€ = 1440$

If the PC is intended for gaming, the i7 is pretty useless, just like the 16GB RAM. Go for an i5 3570k, a Z77 Pro 3, 8GB RAM and a 1TB HDD. You also might want to add a Samsung 840 SSD.

I don't understand why you keep thinking that i7 is not good for gaming it's perfect otherwise it will never be use in new gaming PC's such as "M17x" or the "ROG CG8890" and yes 8 GB it's perfect the 16 GB it's totally overneed I have a 8GB Ram and i never reach 4GB in any game but if you plan to use Adobe after effect and other video rendering or 3D rendering software's go for the 16 GB RAM cause that will make less rendering time

and your PC is good enough for new games

RobbingHood

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm

AXESWY wrote:
I don't understand why you keep thinking that i7 is not good for gaming it's perfect otherwise it will never be use in new gaming PC's

Look through those benchmarks:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the- ... -tested/20

The i7 has a maximum performance gain of ~10 FPS, normally 1-5 FPS, compared to an i5.

But an i7 costs at least 100$ more than an i5. So, why would you invest 100$ in 5 FPS? You could get a better GPU, or a second HDD+CPU-Cooler+DVD-Drive for that.

I do not say that the i7 is worse than the i5, it simply isn't worth the extra charge.

aXeSwY

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Look through those benchmarks:

The i7 has a maximum performance gain of ~10 FPS, normally 1-5 FPS, compared to an i5.

But an i7 costs at least 100$ more than an i5. So, why would you invest 100$ in 5 FPS? You could get a better GPU, or a second HDD+CPU-Cooler+DVD-Drive for that.

I do not say that the i7 is worse than the i5, it simply isn't worth the extra charge.

Thank you for your time you make it more clear now and yes indeed if he use that extra 100$ to a better GPU will be so far better especially if he buy the Radeon HD 7970

hijacksen

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
AXESWY wrote:
I don't understand why you keep thinking that i7 is not good for gaming it's perfect otherwise it will never be use in new gaming PC's

Look through those benchmarks:

Thanks everyone :)

so lower the i7 to i5 and use 8 GB Ram would make a diff. of 150$
the computer has already a DVD_Driver and gaming-look case,unfortunately the cooler system is not provided in Gaza-palestine according to the blockage
so buying SSD with 150$ is better??
and he is using it for gaming and also some 3d workshops like Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012

RobbingHood

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 pm

hijacksen wrote:
the computer has already a DVD_Driver and gaming-look case,unfortunately the cooler system is not provided in Gaza-palestine according to the blockage
and he is using it for gaming and also some 3d workshops like Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012

Can't you choose another cooler? There are many good ones...

Also, the SSD is optional. If you have the money, it's really nice, but it isn't needed. The advantage would be a very fast boot and start of programs.

If he's using Autodesk Inventor professionaly, the i7 might be better because of HyperThreading, but if he only uses it sometimes, I would go for the i5 as it's also by far powerful enough to handle CAD etc.

hijacksen

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
hijacksen wrote:

Can't you choose another cooler? There are many good ones...

Also, the SSD is optional. If you have the money, it's really nice, but it isn't needed. The advantage would be a very fast boot and start of programs.

If he's using Autodesk Inventor professionaly, the i7 might be better because of HyperThreading, but if he only uses it sometimes, I would go for the i5 as it's also by far powerful enough to handle CAD etc.

i got your point
what are the options of cooling systems ??? i heard about water-cooling what else?
and yes i don't think he works on professionally usage

RobbingHood

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

hijacksen wrote:
i got your point
what are the options of cooling systems ??? i heard about water-cooling what else?

Don't use a cheap water-cooling system. Just go for a normal CPU cooler like an EKL Brocken, Mugen 3, Macho 2 etc.

hijacksen

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
hijacksen wrote:
i got your point

Don't use a cheap water-cooling system. Just go for a normal CPU cooler like an EKL Brocken, Mugen 3, Macho 2 etc.

I think the motherboard was written on it "Extreme" i think the cooler name, the name was above the heat sinks

Return to “Game Discussion”