WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
CaptainESS
What do you think about Star Citizen?

Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:50 pm

I think this game can be GOTY. It has everything you can imagine. Space Combat , Land Combat, Open World, RPG elements, Good Graphics. What else can anyone want?
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

Bruce Lee

Re: What do you think about Star Citizen?

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:50 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen
I must admit that I hadn't heard about this project before so I had to do some research to see what it actually was. In a nutshell, it basically seems to be a gigantic space exploration/economy/combat simulator that is being developed on Cryengine with crowd funding (i.e. $58million as of October-2014). Although some of the intended design features look interesting, I think people may have to wait a long time to get an actual game. It seems clear to me that the Star Citizen devs have the financial incentive to delay the game's release for as long as possible since they will make the most profit that way. :P
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

CaptainESS

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen
I must admit that I hadn't heard about this project before so I had to do some research to see what it actually was. In a nutshell, it basically seems to be a gigantic space exploration/economy/combat simulator that is being developed on Cryengine with crowd funding (i.e. $58million as of October-2014). Although some of the intended design features look interesting, I think people may have to wait a long time to get an actual game. It seems clear to me that the Star Citizen devs have the financial incentive to delay the game's release for as long as possible since they will make the most profit that way. :P

This is what i like about gaming forums. You can learn many things about games from them.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

zesty

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 am

Too bad I can't run the game, will try Elite Dangerous anyway.

Return to “Game Discussion”