WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TacTicToe
Renegade-X FREE FPS/RTS shooter

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Renegade X: Beta 3 has been released!

Renegade X is a First/Third Person Shooter with RTS elements. Players will be able to fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more. Renegade X is for all players - lone wolves, team-based gamers, tankers, snipers, rushers, turtlers, and all others!

Renegade X is FREE! It is a non-monetized game - Renegade X is straight-up free.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://renegade-x.com/download

System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHz processor
2 GB system RAM
SM3-compatible video card
4 GB free hard drive space

Recommended :

Windows Vista 64 SP2
2.0+ GHz multi-core processor
4 GB system RAM
NVIDIA 200 series or higher graphics card
Plenty of HDD space

Story and Gamemode

Renegade X is set in the near future, in a world dominated by a contagious yet valuable resource called Tiberium. The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an international security force set to combat global terrorism. Conceived as a united peacekeeping military force, GDI depends on the technological sophistication of its weaponry, and the superior training and loyalties of its officers. GDI looks to halt the spread of Tiberium, which is gradually destroying the Earth and killing off millions of people. At the same time, the Brotherhood of Nod, led by the charismatic leader known only as Kane, grew to prominence. Working largely in third world countries, wherever there was discontent and unrest, there was Kane. With the promise of a New World Order and bankrolled by the illicit Tiberium research and trade that Kane made famous, Nod began to gain power. A few scattered, disaffected units grew into an army with powerful atomic weaponry, ruthless tactics, and a Tiberian fortune. The Brotherhood aims to push humanity into the next stage of evolution via Tiberium mutation.

Where GDI stands for international stability and the removal of the Tiberium contagion, Nod seeks to overthrow the established order and build a world centred on Tiberium research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObDKswJQq0I

More at site. Great game, I have had a BLAST playing it. You should check it out. For a free game, the quality is like a AAA $50 release.
]Image

mizudg

Re: Renegade-X FREE FPS/RTS shooter

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Just a heads up, this game is pretty heavy on resources and presents great visuals for an indie game and UnrealEngine3. If you're one of those people with 10 SLI Cards or 16-cores processors with 128GB DDR6 Ram, this is for you.

TacTicToe

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Oh you are way over exaggerating. Yes, it is a bit resource intensive, but my mediocre rig handles it just fine. :o

• AMD FX-8300 Eight-Core Processor (Socket AM3+ (942)) @ 3.3ghz
  • 32GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz
  • 1TB HDD SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
  • AMD Radeon R9 270 video card (2GB GDDR5)
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
]Image

Bruce Lee

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:53 pm

I am very well acquainted with the Ren-X project and I can honestly say that by any honest standards it is utter trash.
Ren-X was released as a mod for UT3 in 2009 and it had very low popularity. Then the devs had the brilliant idea to port it to UDK so they could release it as a totally free stand-alone game in Feb-2014. Unfortunately, the game was so poorly made that even the handful of diehard Command & Conquer koolaid drinkers quit the servers because it was a buggy crash-fest. It is clear to me that the so-called "devs" of Ren-X don't even know how to make a game that works let alone one that doesn't suck.

The last time I checked something like 60,000 people downloaded Ren-X (no doubt because they mistakenly thought it was a free clone of BF3) and there were only about 50 people actually playing it. If this beta-3 doesn't at least fix the constant crashing then I think even the most diehard C&C fans will finally give up hope for the crap-pile that is Ren-X.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

TacTicToe

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:04 am

Well you know what they say about opinions...
]Image

Bruce Lee

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Since you obviously don't know the difference between fact & opinion let me try to clarify things for you.

Facts:
1. The Command & Conquer franchise was cancelled by EA due to extremely low popularity.
2. The last time I checked in June, about 60,000 people had downloaded Ren-X and there were only about 50 people total playing it.
3. Ren-X has been so buggy and crash prone that many fans considered it unplayable up through beta-2.
(A simple search of posts on the Ren-X forum that contain the word "crash" will confirm this fact.)
4. Ren-X uses the UDK which is dependent on PhysX which means that it runs very poorly on ATI gpus (i.e. no hardware acceleration).
5. You are listed as a Server-Owner on the Ren-X forum, so the likelihood that you have an agenda to promote Ren-X is self evident.

If you want to promote the C&C reskin called Renegade-X, I certainly couldn't care less, but at least present yourself honestly. Apparently you have a Ren-X server and you want to advertise it on another game's forum.
How is that for facts bud.
;)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

TacTicToe

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:35 am

I stand by my original statement, you know what they say about opinions...

Facts? I never did anything to promote my own server. Not once, anywhere. Just trying to let people know about the game that may not have. Been running to 2 days now, and not a single crash yet. How is that for a fact? Even the Ren X forums are full of happy posters, posting about how the crashes have been resolved. Why not get your head out of your ass, go read for yourself and get educated.

Fact? I have probably been playing video games longer than you have been breathing air, just based on your ludicrous statements.

You don't like the game? Who cares? That is YOUR opinion, and it stinks IMO. This thread is to let others know so THEY can check it out and form their own opinion, not so you can post yours. Mmmkay?

Thank you very little.
]Image

Bruce Lee

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:43 am

My oh my, lol.
Your behavior belies the fact that you have some maturity issues my friend. In fact, the people that I have found that are most likely to be so foolish as to play an "age superiority" card are usually barely out of their teens. No matter, at least you confessed to being a Ren-X server owner and the BC2 players can judge your motives more accurately. I don't think its really proper to promote another game on this forum but it isn't against the forum rules I have read so have at it.

However, I think you are probably talking to the wrong crowd around here. BF fans enjoy realism in FPS games and that is an attribute that the devs have stubbornly refused to implement in Ren-X. Its fine that they want to remain faithful to the arcadey movement and gameplay of the original C&C but its delusional to think that a modern audience will accept it.

As I stated previously, EA cancelled the real C&C because of lack of interest and it was being made with the Frostbite-2 engine. Why would anybody think that a half-baked C&C reskin using the UDK would be any more popular?

P.S. The fact that a Ren-X server hasn't crashed in two whole days is hardly something to be proud of. :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.P.S. Update - I just checked the Ren-X forum for crash reports and this is what I found so far:

Postby N3tRunn3r » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:28 pm
Hi there,
I just got my very 1st crash on Renegade X - Open Beta 3.

As a Mendoza next to the Tech Building in Mesa-II, I killed an enemy GDI trooper. Directly afterwards I ran onto the Tech Building and when I crossed the tank traps next to it, game froze and so crashed:

mizudg

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 am

Bruce Lee, you're being offered a free product. Not a Free2Play, but a Free product. If you don't like it or want to help the devs sort out bugs while you have some oldschool fun, don't ruin everyone else's vibe. Just like with all the Antivirus and other software "1-year free" or "trial" or whatever that Axes keeps posting, if people want to, they'll check it out. You needn't be so negative about it to ruin someone's expectations when the game truly is almost a 1:1 copy to that old Renegade gameplay. And that's what people want, not a Battlefield in the age of Tiberium dawn, else they'd have already made it instead of *urgh* Hardline...

Bruce Lee

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 pm

mizudg wrote:...the game truly is almost a 1:1 copy to that old Renegade gameplay. And that's what people want...

Actually even EA was confident that C&C wasn't what people wanted because they cancelled the franchise.

As I said before, although I think its improper to promote a different game on a forum specifically set up to promote BC2/VU, it certainly is not my intention to stop anybody from doing anything. I am merely trying to provide some clarity about what Ren-X is.
The whole point of Ren-X is that the devs were trying to salvage the assets they created from its original incarnation as a UT3 mod by porting it to the free version of UE3 called UDK. Since almost nobody was playing the UT3 mod, they shrewdly figured that they might be able to pick up some players if they could make it free. Obviously this is a de facto admission by them that they realize nobody would touch their C&C reskin at all if anybody had to actually pay even $5.00 for a copy of UT3.

By all means, anybody that wants to try it should do so. I am a long time BF fan and I am completely confident that most other BF fans will come to the same conclusion that I did when I tried Renegade-X myself. If they can tolerate the silly gameplay & bugs, they just need to make sure to keep one finger on the reset button on their PC when it crashes. :P

Return to “Game Discussion”