WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
weavii
ELO and Skill level

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:22 pm

picture is from bfbcs.com.
does anyone know how those two values are calculated? i guess the "Skill level" is a simple elo rating. but how does the game detect 1on1? does it count if you kill someone, do you have to be spotted or does your enemy have to shoot back? also any ideas why there could be three different elo rating values for each player?

what about "Level"?

google couldn't help me out, maybe someone here can :)

RobbingHood

Re: ELO and Skill level

Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:33 pm

As far as I know the values available in the API are the only ones the game provides (so bfbcs.com shouldn't have different sources than we have).
Maybe they just take the average of all three elo values?

weavii

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:37 pm

RobbingHood wrote:As far as I know the values available in the API are the only ones the game provides (so bfbcs.com shouldn't have different sources than we have).
Maybe they just take the average of all three elo values?

maybe, but i don't get the sense to make three slightly different elo values.
elo and skill are calculated on the gameservers, any ideas how to find out where and how exactly?

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:47 pm

I might take a look into it.
The reason for multiple elo values might be that there are multiple Gamemodes that have individual elo rankings (Hardcore/Softcore or maybe CQ/RUSH/SQDM/SQRUSH?).

The elo default value is 1000 and I guess spm and/or kda might be a factor.
There used to be a signature here.

weavii

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Rodney wrote:I might take a look into it.
The reason for multiple elo values might be that there are multiple Gamemodes that have individual elo rankings (Hardcore/Softcore or maybe CQ/RUSH/SQDM/SQRUSH?).

The elo default value is 1000 and I guess spm and/or kda might be a factor.

great! that makes sense.

can you "check the server on runtime" to get the exact calculations behind those values? i have no idea how to do that.

aXeSwY

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Well from what I know Skill points calculated by added/subtracted based on the encounter if I'm level 22 and i kill a level 40 i get 18 SP and if a level 2 killed me I lose 20 SP which my game -2 SP , and I do think if you get killed by level higher then you , you only get -1 or if you killed someone with lower rank you just get +1

This only staff i know from random forums nothing for sure since DICE never told us how this stuff works but you free to test that by making a new soldier in BFBC2 (EA servers ) and test with couple of friends

weavii

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 pm

aXeSwY wrote:Well from what I know Skill points calculated by added/subtracted based on the encounter if I'm level 22 and i kill a level 40 i get 18 SP and if a level 2 killed me I lose 20 SP which my game -2 SP , and I do think if you get killed by level higher then you , you only get -1 or if you killed someone with lower rank you just get +1

This only staff i know from random forums nothing for sure since DICE never told us how this stuff works but you free to test that by making a new soldier in BFBC2 (EA servers ) and test with couple of friends

Thx for the input. I found this quote somewhere:
f it uses the same skill system as BC1 did, you gain skill by killing people with a higher skill then you, and lose it by being killed by those with lower skill.

So this value contains only kills/deaths of other players with a certain skill level.

RobbingHood

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:52 pm

weavii wrote:Thx for the input. I found this quote somewhere:
f it uses the same skill system as BC1 did, you gain skill by killing people with a higher skill then you, and lose it by being killed by those with lower skill.

So how does this work out when everybody has an initial skill of, say, 1000?

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:14 pm

RobbingHood wrote:

"Skill" in BC2 (not elo) has a cap of 200 and starting value of 0.

BTW "Skill" ingame is "level" in the API. As it is calculated by the backend and not by the server, contrary to elo, it is zero for everybody because NoFaTe doesn't have that implemented.

I think skill might be calculated with KDA, spm, sqapm (squad actions per minute) and maybe some other stuff like accuracy.
There used to be a signature here.

weavii

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:17 pm

RobbingHood wrote:

I guess the score changes by killing/getting killed by someone with the same score slightly.

Return to “Game Discussion”