WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Battlefield Hardline - I love people who share my thoughts.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm

And many more... Are you guys sharing the same feeling that this is just a BF4 Reskin? Do you like the idea of insanely-armed Criminals and Cops that use RPGs and jump from buildings to buildings is a good idea for the BF series?

CaptainESS

Re: Bettlefold Hardline - I love people who share my thought

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Actually, that idea could be good but we need to change a few things.
First of all don't name it Beetlefold because it is a different game with a different concept.
Then replace "cops vs thiefs" with "cops vs colombian drug cartel". This will be a better setting than bank heists.
I understand that they use the same engine and same animations but at least change the HUD.

For now i am hoping for a good Battlefront. Since Disney ruined Star Wars, DICE is my only hope.
Last edited by CaptainESS on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:09 pm

I don't like it, it runs bad, the gameplay makes no sense and is no fun at all.

Also, thanks kiwi:
:P
There used to be a signature here.

Kerrigan

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:09 pm

It's not just a reskin.

It's a full-price-standalone-BF4-DLC!!!!

CaptainESS

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:44 am

Kerrigan wrote:It's not just a reskin.

It's a full-price-standalone-BF4-DLC!!!!

It is still deserve 60$ more than Call of Duty Dog Edition DLC. I wish we had more DLCs like BC2 Vietnam. That one was almost a new BF game

zesty

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:05 am

I actually love BF:HL, its small maps makes it intense and use zipline to cross buildings feels awesome. Since it's less buggy as BF4 Beta, and based on my current gameplay experience, I'm glad I spent my money well on preordering this game.

Bruce Lee

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:20 am

EA is like a leech that latches on to successful game franchises and then tries to cash in by producing a bunch of crappy sequels.
The end result is that the game is run into the ground and sometimes the studio behind it goes out of business.
There is a long list of games and studios that EA has killed this way.

To be clear though, Hardline is being made by Visceral and not Dice. I suspect that EA gave the BF name to another studio because Dice screwed up so badly with BF4. Since EA is run by empty suits who never played a video game in their life they had no problem giving the green light to morph a military shooter into a cops & robbers game.
I suspect the phone call went something like this:
EA: "Okay, the Dice boys screwed up and we can't afford to trust them again. So what have you got Visceral?"
Visceral: "Umm...erh...mmm...how about we make a cops & robbers game?"
EA: "Whatever, these stupid video game losers will buy any crap we shovel out. Make a premium version for $120.00 and 3 dlcs."

P.S. Don't forget that BF2 is actually a remake of the free fan made mod for BF1942 called "Desert Combat".
Dice hired the guys who made Desert Combat to make BF2 and when it was finished they fired everybody and never paid them.
Just thought I would throw in that little tidbit in case anybody has any misguided sympathy for Dice. ;)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

mizudg

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 am

Bruce Lee wrote:EA is like a leech that latches on to successful game franchises and then tries to cash in by producing a bunch of crappy sequels.
The end result is that the game is run into the ground and sometimes the studio behind it goes out of business.
There is a long list of games and studios that EA has killed this way.

To be clear though, Hardline is being made by Visceral and not Dice. I suspect that EA gave the BF name to another studio because Dice screwed up so badly with BF4. Since EA is run by empty suits who never played a video game in their life they had no problem giving the green light to morph a military shooter into a cops & robbers game.
I suspect the phone call went something like this:
EA: "Okay, the Dice boys screwed up and we can't afford to trust them again. So what have you got Visceral?"
Visceral: "Umm...erh...mmm...how about we make a cops & robbers game?"
EA: "Whatever, these stupid video game losers will buy any crap we shovel out. Make a premium version for $120.00 and 3 dlcs."

P.S. Don't forget that BF2 is actually a remake of the free fan made mod for BF1942 called "Desert Combat".
Dice hired the guys who made Desert Combat to make BF2 and when it was finished they fired everybody and never paid them.
Just thought I would throw in that little tidbit in case anybody has any misguided sympathy for Dice. ;)

Welcome to reality, enjoy your stay, it seems you don't need a guide. Of course EA will milk this as much as they can. I doubt they gave it to Visceral because DICE fucked up. DICE didn't have TIME to fuck up since their product was out in an unstable build. I hope these Battlefront delays are for the best though. Nevertheless, I hope Hardline flops worse than Warfighter but sadly it won't because it carries the name Battlefield. So what? If VALVe made Team Fortress 3 but it was actually more like Half-Life Deathmatch would it be the same game? Hell no, but at least it'll make them money. Thank god for Steam being a successful platform with a Community Market, in-game profits and so much more that keeps VALVe profitable and thankful to their community, unlike other big companies (Ubisoft, EA, etc)

weavii

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 pm

I like the quote that questions the theme of this bettlefold. The name alone is probably a big plus, but i guess they do have guys finding out what theme can be successful (=sold a lot). There must be a reason why they are going towards anti-terror & police vs robbers. I was not aware that a lot of BF players want to play something like this, imo BF players are BF players because of elements that made this franchise so unique like large scale, vehicles, "war experience".

CaptainESS

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:00 am

I tried to give this game a chance but it has failed me many times. First of all full auto is more effective than burst fire/semi auto which makes the game easier for sprayers. Game is too fast paced. 10 guys died and 7 of them got revived in front of my eyes and that took just 10 seconds. There are not much ranged fights. City concept is okay but i like open areas like deserts, mountains or small villages. Levolution seemed like a good feature in the beginning but turns out it is just a lot of lans flares, earthquakes and dust which make your hands shaky and you can't see or hit a damn thing for a minute. Please , i just want EA/DICE/Visceral to return to old all out war in a wide desert themed half tactical half arcade game we called Battlefield.

Return to “Game Discussion”