WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
zesty
The BF new sequel: Hardline

Wed May 28, 2014 5:09 am

For those who still don't know about this, BF: Hardline is a police-themed sequel of the famous BF franchise. It was found on Battlelog's latest update and then EA put up a web page to confirm it.

What's your attitude towards this?

Freeshnik

Re: The BF new sequel: Hardline

Wed May 28, 2014 6:10 am

BF franchise is doomed

Kerrigan

Wed May 28, 2014 7:02 am

Looks like a attempt to feature the counter-terrorism forces again.
Well it didn't work out with MOHW.. why not trying it with the BF franchise ?

It could be a lame copy of Counter-Strike or it couldn't..

It doesn't fit to the BF name itself since SWAT actions are not comparable to actual war fighting or a battle itself..

We should stay tuned, but how i know EA it will be the same DLC-infested, pay-to-win, bugfest like every BF title since BFBC2.

What is saddening me the most is that EA/DICE will bury Star Wars BF forever with the reboot of the series in 2015.

I promise that there will be overpriced DLC for it and a Star Wars-log or something like that.
Personally i HATE it.

Just my 1337 cents..

Bruce Lee

Wed May 28, 2014 7:08 am

Battlefield Hardline coming this fall, reveal at E3
Cops and robbers

Today details on Battlefield Hardline were leaked out. Now Electronic Arts has confirmed the news. Their take on the cops and robbers concept will be unveiled in full during their press conference on June 9 at 12:00PM PDT.

Until then, Visceral Games' Steve Papoutsis stated that Hardline will be "a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love -- the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals." Papoutsis noted that they're adding "new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer" while creating a single-player mode as well.

:shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

aXeSwY

Wed May 28, 2014 8:41 am

Why they don't just name it HARDALINE , they adding the name "Battleflood" just for better sales , I mean really COD/CS style WTF !!!

Kerrigan

Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 am

Well i guess i have to update my guesses:

Setting - ripped off from CS/Payday
Classes - Same old shit... seriously again Recon, Engineer, Support and Assault ? They will be just renamed omfg ._.
Vehicles - Looks neat. Civil cars, SWAT transport etc.
Weapons - meh
Ribbons - meh
Ranks - okay.. but still meh
Unlocks/ Gadgets - meh

As i saw the repair tool i have judged the game... let's see the E3 presentation but an announcement and beginning development for a new BF title is a bad sign.

Rockstar Games did GTA 5 in 5 years with several studios and are still expanding the game..
EA/DICE is simply milking the cow.. they're becoming more and more Activision-ish.

Return to “Game Discussion”