WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
PTFO or GTFO / Griefers Begone

Sat May 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Just a random rant, not a complaint really, but there are entirely too many nitwits on the servers base-camping instead of ptfo. Although there are a few servers which have an automatic kick enabled for base-rapers (which makes the game much more enjoyable imho) unfortunately most servers don't have it. Of course I realize that its entirely up to the server admins to do what they want on their own servers but I think I can safely say that the point of the game is supposed to be capping flags and not racking up a high kdr. Trying to ptfo like the devs intended is somewhat frustrating when there are dimwitted twits doing absolutely nothing but going to the enemy base to camp so they can get some easy kills while their idiotic teammates all spawn on them like a virus, lol.
Anyhow, just thought I would make a small post to vent a little.
- Discuss & Enjoy -
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

SylarTL

Re: PTFO or GTFO / Griefers Begone

Sat May 10, 2014 8:47 pm

I think it was discussed before but the person actually complained. Anyway,team usually baserapes when all flags are capped. Be a lone wolf if your team isn't thinking or try to lead them,some respond when a tactic is proposed in the chat. Oh,and kill the ones at your base,that's really not a problem.

Bruce Lee

Sat May 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi Sylar,
Of course if all flags are capped that only leaves the enemy base to attack, that is not camping. My point was about the proliferation of idiots that do nothing all game but make a B-line to the enemy base to camp. I think its a little naive to suggest that unsuspecting players spawning at their homebase should be able to eradicate the campers & their buddies with ease, lol.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

SylarTL

Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 pm

When you have players who don't communicate it isn't easy. When they kill you,it is easy.
Kinda similar thing in CoD,camping behind the wall,in a corner or w/e,people dying over and over,nobody does anything except complaining in the chat.

Bruce Lee

Sat May 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi again Sylar,
Granted, if everybody used teamspeak coordinating a counter attack against base-campers would be much easier. However, the auto-kick is a much simpler, and much more effective solution to campers who refuse to ptfo and it doesn't require the average player to have teamspeak at all. Since most people playing this completely ignore the console or sometimes don't even speak the same language, I think the console chat will tend to be mostly ineffective.

SylarTL

Sat May 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Votekick,if set up and used correctly,does the job. Players do tend to ignore the chat,that's why i repeat stuff a couple of times,or you know,caps. Meet some peeps and play together,more fun anyway. Or some SQDM,run and gun,headless chicken style.

Bruce Lee

Sat May 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Since it was already stipulated that most players ignore the console chat, it would necessarily mean that trying to organize a vote-kick would tend to be a futile exercise. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a successful vote-kick in BC2. Since most players want base-campers curtailed and an auto-kick is 100% effective in eliminating them, then the only people left who would be most likely to vigorously oppose it are the campers themselves, lol.

VinDerpel

Tue May 13, 2014 1:27 am

This is why TDM should have been in BC2. Let K/D whores play TDM while objective players do rush, and conquest for people who like a bit of both

Bruce Lee

Tue May 13, 2014 4:15 am

True Vin,
I think that most people play Conquest in BC2 like it was really TeamDeathMatch anyway from my experience. I see bunches of bush-wookies in Conquest games sitting miles away, doing nothing the whole time but snipe the players actually trying to cap flags.
I have often wondered what would happen if a server could run a mod that disabled body count and only recorded points for flag captures. That would certainly force people to play Conquest properly since camping for KDR would be impossible, lol.
Of course since Dice wanted to copy COD as much as possible while pretending to still be unique, they added "SquadDeathMatch" instead of TeamDeathMatch. Although it may have a few defenders, I think I can safely say that most players agree that SquadDeathMatch is a poor substitute for proper TDM.
Don't get me wrong, I think that the more complete combat experience in BC2 is a lot more fun than COD. Unfortunately some things that are the result of the devs desire to copy COD features (as well as consolitis from its xbox origins) detract from what would otherwise be a nearly perfect game.

Return to “Game Discussion”