WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
blueman24
MAGIC's server

Sat May 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Magic y no Heli in your Vietnam server?

MAGIC

Re: MAGIC's server

Sat May 03, 2014 8:44 pm

blueman24 wrote:Magic y no Heli in your Vietnam server?

Because I wanted to have a 'balanced' gameplay. And with Helis or boots on Hastings/Khao San, it's not balanced. You have Baserape and other things
Also its something different :>
Last edited by MAGIC on Sat May 03, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Lee

Sat May 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi Magic,
I couldn't agree more that the heli is horribly overpowered in the vanilla version of BC2:VN. A skillful pilot can totally obliterate the opposing team single handedly since there is no effective AA in the game. Its not like they didn't have 50cal mounted AA in the real VNam so it doesn't make much sense that it was omitted from the game. Of course they also had fighter jets and SAM missiles too but maybe dice thought that might be too cool and they didn't want to overshadow the original BC2 game, lol.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

MAGIC

Sat May 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Yeh, I also know, that you can still baserape on Phu Bai Valley with the helis, but the map is more open, than Hastings, so it's pretty ok. Also I am kicking those baserapers aswell, when I am playing :3

Bruce Lee

Sat May 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Definitely,
Kicking all baserapers is a much needed improvement to this game in general in my opinion. There is some server I frequent that has an automatic kick for baserapers although I can't remember which one it was. As far as I am concerned it makes the game much more fun to not have to worry about being shot in the back constantly or sniped in the cockpit when trying to takeoff by dimwitted griefers who can't ptfo so they camp behind the enemy base like twits.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

blueman24

Thu May 08, 2014 7:38 am

I just noticed this thread :/
I posted somewhere else and thought that it was deleted due to being off topic. You are right about the baserape thing. But helis in Vietnam are soo fun. And they can be damaged easily. Everything damages the helicopter's except the flamethrower and that too at pretty much any range. Constant machine gun bullets can easily damage helicopters, and keep them in control. But again really good pilots can just destroy the other team.

RobbingHood

Thu May 08, 2014 9:13 am

blueman24 wrote:Everything damages the helicopter's except the flamethrower and that too at pretty much any range.

Nothing damages a heli in Vietnam if there are 2 engineers in it.

Bruce Lee

Thu May 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Good point Rob. Surely that's another sloppy oversight by Dice, like the invisible rocks at "C" on Heavy Metal, lol.
Actually, even if all the vehicles were removed from BC2:VN it would still be tolerable since the infantry combat is done a little better than BC2 in my opinion. The ARs in BC2 have a ridiculously high spread for a video game which can be extremely frustrating when you miss an easy shot at 50yds because of it and the spread is much less radical in BC2:VN. The only thing I would definitely change about the guns in BC2:VN is the very coarse mouse control on sniper scopes which makes fine aiming difficult. The tanks are nearly perfect however, so if the few minor flaws in BC2:VN were corrected and some features were added to expand it (i.e. jets, proper AA, more large maps, etc.) it would be a fantastic game on its own altogether.

Return to “Game Discussion”