WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
High Pingers Ruining The Game

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 am

Hi All,
I hate to whine but its really too bad for the majority of players when there are people allowed to join servers with pings of 400+.
I don't know much about the internal coding of the game but I have definitely noticed how much smoother the game plays on the rare occasions when everybody has a ping of 200 or less. I assume Dice has coded some lag compensation that caters to the highest pingers by lagging everybody else. Very rarely do I get a chance to play on a nexus server that isn't being lagged by high pingers but when I do its sooooo smooooth.
I just wish most server admins would enforce a ping limit of not more than 300 so the people who join local servers like they are supposed to could enjoy a smooth game experience instead of being forced to play on lagged servers.
P.S. Player votekick would be nice to get rid of the team base wreckers too, lol.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

RobbingHood

Re: High Pingers Ruining The Game

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 pm

The points you mentioned are all voluntary and up to the respective server admins. Communities like DU4 should have a ping limit; just find some servers that have ping limit enabled and play on them.

blueman24

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:I just wish most server admins would enforce a ping limit of not more than 300 so the people who join local servers like they are supposed to could enjoy a smooth game experience instead of being forced to play on lagged servers.

Most servers have a ping limit of 300ms. And that limit would not be lowered. Period. joking

Bruce Lee

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Blueman,
Normally I don't reply to individual posts but I found yours to be a little comical. I'm not sure if you are trying to be tricky or you don't understand what I wrote. Acting like I was asking for ping limits lower than 300 is either because you are being disingenuous or you simply don't understand what "not more than" means. Either way I was entertained by your awkward interjection. As far as the actual cases I routinely see pings over 500 on servers all the time. In fact I don't think I have ever been on a server for a whole game when there aren't at least two or more players with extremely high pings. I seem to have touched a nerve which was not my intention at all. I was merely suggesting that if most server admins adopted a generally accepted practice of banning pings higher than 300 the gameplay on nexus servers as a whole would be much less laggy.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

RobbingHood

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:I'm not sure if you are trying to be tricky or you don't understand what I wrote

Someone needs glasses...

Bruce Lee

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:40 am

Getting Pathetic Now,
Lame attempts at humor to deflect from the main point only serve to emphasize it. I did in fact see the tiny text which was tacked on to the post in a cynical attempt to defuse criticism but I chose to ignore it. Since english is my native language I communicate in complete sentences and I expect others to do the same and the tiny text did not even qualify as a sentence fragment. The purpose of the writer was clearly to hide the word which is why he used an extremely small font. ENLARGING the tiny text in an attempt to ridicule only serves to emphasize the main point. The two most outstanding sources of grief for people attempting to play on nexus based servers which could be easily remedied are:
1. Server Lag.
2. Team Base Wreckers.

mizudg

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 am

Bruce Lee wrote:Getting Pathetic Now,
Lame attempts at humor to deflect from the main point only serve to emphasize it. I did in fact see the tiny text which was tacked on to the post in a cynical attempt to defuse criticism but I chose to ignore it. Since english is my native language I communicate in complete sentences and I expect others to do the same and the tiny text did not even qualify as a sentence fragment. The purpose of the writer was clearly to hide the word which is why he used an extremely small font. ENLARGING the tiny text in an attempt to ridicule only serves to emphasize the main point. The two most outstanding sources of grief for people attempting to play on nexus based servers which could be easily remedied are:
1. Server Lag.
2. Team Base Wreckers.

Then play on EA's servers if Nexus' don't match your criteria. Being that English isn't my main language, I "probably" can't compare to the level of depth you've used in your sentences. However, what I think that is, is just bullshit filler to show that you're smarter than us. Good job. Now, as far as the server ping and the limiting issue, it's all up to the server owners, like stated before. If you have a suggestion for them, simply PM them either here (since they have their respective representatives) or on their own Forums/Website. Making a post about it and expecting the Nexus staff to have the solution for you is not the brightest of ideas, sorry. I hope I helped.

blueman24

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am

OK my English may not be good but i don't care.
Also, your "English" quality of humor may be higher but again, I don't care :/
Back to your topic, MOST of the servers, at LEAST which are full, have a ping limit of 300ms. And I don't see any 400+ ping players that you mention in your first post, in those servers.
Just play on a known server like DU4 or RepZ or NOMAD or many others (sorry if i don't mention any)

Kerrigan

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 am

@ Bruce Lee

First of all: It's not our problem that many players are connecting to the backend and the dedicated servers from nowhere with a shitty connection or anything else.

I live in a village in Germany and i had a crappy internet connection for a long time. So i do realize the frustration for many players having a high ping in several if not all servers they're playing on.

Yes today i'm also raging at lagging players making themselves impossible to be hit or whatnot.
But still your point is pure subjective and respectless. Your statements are respectless aswell and you begin to make us responsible for other peoples problems.

Create yourself a server and set a ping limit if the servers being hosted by other hosters do not serve your needs.

This discussion is simply pointless since it is not subjective and just a plain "complaint-thread".

/locked
Do NOT re-open it!

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:07 am

Bruce Lee wrote:Since english is my native language I communicate in complete sentences and I expect others to do the same

What are you, a missionary bringing salvation to the people by telling them how to speak? I'm pretty darn sure you aren't.
How about you adapt to the rules and habits of a community (or the Internet, even) that's been in existence long before you even heard of it?
Your behaviour makes you look like some egocentric back-seat driver trying to enforce his wisdom upon everyone else.

Let me tell you, I (and probably the rest of Nexus) could live happily without your brilliancy, so either try being nice or leave.

kthxbye (Translation: "Kind regards, Sir")

@Kerrigan
I honestly didn't read your posts until having posted myself, didn't mean to disregard the instruction.

Return to “Game Discussion”