WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Krstoserofil
Are all guns in BC2 equipped with silencers?

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:50 pm

After playing BC2 roughly for 5 months my biggest gripe with the game is the bullets whistling but no gun firing-noise.

It basically goes like this, I walk/sneak/run around, I hear bullets whizzing around me but I have no idea where are they coming from. The next second I'm dead and I see a player that is like 5-10m from my body holding a big shotgun or an lmg.

Why is there no noise when he fires the gun? Are all shotguns equipped with some silencers with almost 100% efficiency?

Honestly it's kind of easier to determine for me when I'm being shoot at by a sniper, there is a distinctive sound to it and the m95 leaves a trail and a lot of noise. But being fired upon on by a medic or assault of whom's whereabouts you are not immediately aware off?Well you can forget firing back, your only chance is running and hoping he forgets you.

Today I played Laguna Pressa, I was a sniper and I was walking around bushes when suddenly my health started going down, after a few seconds I noticed there is somebody like a 800-1000m away firing at me. But I didn't even hear the bullets whizzing. I mean common if that were a sniper there would be a really specific sound and you would immediately know what the hell is happening while that automatic weapon is dead silent, not even the bullets were producing a sound.

My argument basically is that guns make a LOT of noise when being fired, and you should clearly hear somebody firing who is 25-50m away from you. Battlefield at least to me shouldn't be only a game of hide and seek a.k.a I see you first I have chance of 80% killing you first even if you have ceramic armor, the hide and seek should only be for snipers.

Thoughts?

P.S. If your line of reasoning that this is because of realism, please don't bother...

mizudg

Re: Are all guns in BC2 equipped with silencers?

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:01 pm

I don't get it... all engineer weapons are suppressed by default and can't fire without a suppressor. It's how the game is made. And even if they were, what's the point of this thread? Changing it so they can be without a suppressor is undoable I believe, so good luck with that..

Krstoserofil

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 pm

I haven't mentioned any engineer weapons.

mizudg

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Krstoserofil wrote:I haven't mentioned any engineer weapons.

You are asking if all BC2 weapons are equipped with a suppressor... I am telling you, only the Engineer weapons are. That about sums it up.

Krstoserofil

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Have you even read my post ? Don't you understand I was a bit sarcastic with the thread title?

I'm trying to say that, whatever fires at me (except a sniper) it makes no difference to me, since there is no noise from the gun. Unless it's really close.

So from 10-15m whether you fire with an assault rifle, lmg or an silenced smg it's the same.

mizudg

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm

And your point is !? ... I don't get it. It can't be changed, it's part of the game. They improved it in BF3, but you can still make the difference in BC2. I just don't get the point of this thread.

MAGIC

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:37 pm

NoFate didn't change any game related things. The weaponsounds are normal

blueman24

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:17 am

OK I may sound mad here but OP, check your audio setup. Some of my headphones give me the exact same problem - I can't here a few sounds like the one of guns firing. Try different headphones or see with speakers.
I may be totally wrong but it doesn't cost to try out :D

RobbingHood

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:07 am

I actually think that it's a problem on your side, not the game's fault. I can even hear the engineer weapons miles away, let alone unsuppressed ones.

VinDerpel

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:53 pm

OP

Are you using wartapes in your audio settings? Wartapes adds more ambient noise and amplifies explosions, but makes gunshots and vehicle noise less noticible. Turning wartapes off makes gunshots VERY noticeable, even from hundreds of meters away.

Return to “Game Discussion”