WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
VinDerpel
Best/Worst BC2 map

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:56 am

Whats the best and worst map in your opinion?

Best - Harvest Day Rush and Arica Harbor - Both offer a nice mix of infantry and vehicle combat, and offer some cqb as well as long range combat. They also allow for some clever tank usage (MCOM bombardment) ;)

Special Honor - Heavy metal - Its a way to show which tankers are good, and which are bad. One of the few maps that allows long range tank combat. Its also one of the few big maps in BC2, paying homage to the large conquest maps of BF2 that were usually dominated by vehicles. There should have been 1 or 2 more maps like heavy metal. 24/7 vehicle servers are terrible though.

Worst - Valparaiso Rush - Valparaiso is full of choke points, and its impossible to lose as attackers for the first few mcoms unless your team is terribad. Then the last hill is a clusterfudge chokepoint hill thats impossible to win if youre playing attackers. Completely unbalanced and utter garbage. I quit the server if this map goes up.

Special honor - Isla inocentes - One long island that requires you to either take the deathtrap boat or deathtrap chopper since most heli pilots are HORRID. Usually turns into a sniper fest akin to 2fort from TF2. Taking the road is suicide. Again, garbage map. Again, i usually quit the server if this map appears.

aXeSwY

Re: Best/Worst BC2 map

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:27 am

All looks fine for me :)

blueman24

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:55 am

Then I wonder why there are servers running valpariso and isla 24/7.

mizudg

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:22 am

Worst map in reality is Heavy Metal CQ since it becomes boring and stale after a while, especially when people put the tickets to 1000 or something like that. As for the Rush maps, I can add another worthy mention - Oasis. Possibly my favorite map since they released it and sadly not enough servers run it on either CQ or Rush

weavii

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:31 am

Best:
Heavy Metal CQ
Valparaiso Rush

Worst:
Harvest Day CQ
Oasis Rush

Since we are still testing our map rotations, this thread will be very useful. Pls post your opinions guys! :D

RobbingHood

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:03 pm

weavii wrote:Worst:
Heavy Metal CQ
Valparaiso Rush

Best:
Harvest Day CQ
Oasis Rush

Fixed that for you :P

SylarTL

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:40 pm

I dislike Heavy Metal and like Laguna Presa Rush/CQ,Laguna Alta is also fun

himapapa

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:31 pm

As we are talking about non-modded maps:

Best:
Heavy Metal CQ
Atacama Desert CQ

Worst:
Harvest Day CQ
White Pass CQ

mizudg

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 pm

How can you say Heavy Metal is one of the best maps? Boring, empty, long and mostly just a campfest.

himapapa

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:55 pm

mizudg wrote:How can you say Heavy Metal is one of the best maps? Boring, empty, long and mostly just a campfest.

Yes, you got all things on the map like sniping spots, camping spots and so on. Additionally you got plenty of vehicles (even on none modded-maps) and many ways to take all of it out. So it's the variety spicing up that map to my most favourite.

Return to “Game Discussion”