WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Sammuel
Linux.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi All,

Firstly I have used linux in the past & apart from some compatibly problems found it to be quite simple/fast/nice/etc....

Thinking of transfering my main PC's OS to a Linux system most likely Ubuntu with a hint of Kali, & was wondering who here uses linux/Ubuntu & any programs they would recommend to maximize compatibility with programs designed for other OS's.

Also if people have recommendations on other distros of linux, that have 'good' support & updates throw em at me :)

Thanks, Sammuel.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

RobbingHood

Re: Linux.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Well I'm not a Linux professional (CactusPie is, though... ask him ;) ), but I personally like elementary OS. It's not too well known, but it's a modded Ubuntu, runs way faster and looks quite a bit better :)

You should definitely try it out.

Apart from that, I only used Ubuntu, so I can't really give you advise on what to choose.

Sammuel

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Hmm i will definitely check that OS out.

zesty

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 am

BTW, SteamOS will be available soon™ ;)

mizudg

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 am

zesty wrote:BTW, SteamOS will be available soon™ ;)

You do realize that when SteamOS is available, it won't support all of its features, right? I mean, it wont have all the apps and programs current OSes have

zesty

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:03 am

mizudg wrote:
zesty wrote:BTW, SteamOS will be available soon™ ;)

You do realize that when SteamOS is available, it won't support all of its features, right? I mean, it wont have all the apps and programs current OSes have

But it's Linux and you can install the things you need, so I guess that's just not a problem.

death_stalker_ak47

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm

I am using debian from time to time, runs better on my system that ubuntu.
WARNING

Sammuel

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:35 pm

death_stalker_ak47 wrote:I am using debian from time to time, runs better on my system that ubuntu.

yah i decided to use a Debian based OS perhaps a heavily modified version of Kali Linux (because i do some forensics from time to time).

Trying to get this layout into it so as to make a 'nicer'er' desktop interface (hey we all like a little eye candy ;) )

RobbingHood

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Sammuel wrote:Trying to get this layout into it so as to make a 'nicer'er' desktop interface (hey we all like a little eye candy ;) )

Must.... have... :shock:

Sammuel

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Sammuel wrote:Trying to get this layout into it so as to make a 'nicer'er' desktop interface (hey we all like a little eye candy ;) )

Must.... have... :shock:

ikr, however due to the lack/broken'ness of

Code: Select all

add-apt-repository

in kali Its making it all quite hard todo. :<

Anyone have any recommendations on how i can install Elemtery OS stuff on a debian based OS known as Kali?

On the other hand elementary OS is looking quite like a sexy option right now kali on it.

EDIT:
Image .... :shock:
yah Going to elementary, Thank you RobbingHood for that terrific recommendation!

Return to “Game Discussion”